Do you support the Death penalty?

Do you support the use of the Death Penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@ Wilse
What gives one human being the right to end another human being's life?
---------------

Heck Wilse, that one's easy. It's the right of self preservation.

What I would like to know is, what do the anti-death penalty folks think gives them the right to try to make the rest of us continual and permanent victims?

As for an innocent person being executed, it has probably happened. But on the other side of that equation, I don't know which is worse; an innocent person being executed, or as you would have it, an innocent person spending the rest of his life in prison.

That is what you are arguing isn't it? Otherwise your argument could only mean you think anti-death penalty states only convict guilty people, and the pro-death penalty states convict innocent people. Kind of a silly argument in my opinion.

But then we could turn into a copy of that truly fair system adopted in Europe where a guilty person is sentenced to life in prison, and life in prison in Europe can mean as little as nine years of incarceration. No thanks, I like our system where a life sentence means something!

@ Wilse
---------------

What I would like to know is, what do the anti-death penalty folks think gives them the right to try to make the rest of us continual and permanent victims?

As for an innocent person being executed, it has probably happened. But on the other side of that equation, I don't know which is worse; an innocent person being executed, or as you would have it, an innocent person spending the rest of his life in prison.

That is what you are arguing isn't it? Otherwise your argument could only mean you think anti-death penalty states only convict guilty people, and the pro-death penalty states convict innocent people. Kind of a silly argument in my opinion.

But then we could turn into a copy of that truly fair system adopted in Europe where a guilty person is sentenced to life in prison, and life in prison in Europe can mean as little as nine years of incarceration. No thanks, I like our system where a life sentence means something!

@ Wilse
---------------

@ Wilse
---------------

Robert said:
One which immediately springs to mind is this:
1) Laws which we are subject to.
2) (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) but "God". Eye for an Eye. Tooth for a Tooth.

I'm not saying I support the death penalty in ALL cases, but in the case of murder where there is absolutely no doubt of guilt? Absolutely. It's either put criminals to death, or pay for them to sit in a cell with satellite television, free access to drugs and healthcare, as well as a free college education for the next 70 to 80 years.

Each person who is executed sits on Death row for YEARS while one appeal after another is filed. Is it possible that an innocent person was put to death in the last 100 years? Absolutely. Is it more possible that a guilty person has been let out of prison on a technicality? You betcha.

Once you take a human life in the commission of a crime (and that's the important part), your rights, and your life is forfeit.

Wayne

Robert said:
2) (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) but "God". Eye for an Eye. Tooth for a Tooth.

I'm not saying I support the death penalty in ALL cases, but in the case of murder where there is absolutely no doubt of guilt? Absolutely. It's either put criminals to death, or pay for them to sit in a cell with satellite television, free access to drugs and healthcare, as well as a free college education for the next 70 to 80 years.

Each person who is executed sits on Death row for YEARS while one appeal after another is filed. Is it possible that an innocent person was put to death in the last 100 years? Absolutely. Is it more possible that a guilty person has been let out of prison on a technicality? You betcha.

Once you take a human life in the commission of a crime (and that's the important part), your rights, and your life is forfeit.

Wayne

Robert said:

Wayne

Robert said:

Wayne

Robert said:

Wayne

Robert said:

Wayne

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
You already cought the bastard, so it's plain murder to kill him, not so called 'self defence'
The system should never do such a thing, not for the purpose to please the bastard, but just for the reason the system not becoming alike the bastard it condemns. The system gets an ability too much and the crowd can use it to murder ppl because they want to protect themselves a bit too much.
Sharia anyone?

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
You already cought the bastard, so it's plain murder to kill him, not so called 'self defence'
The system should never do such a thing, not for the purpose to please the bastard, but just for the reason the system not becoming alike the bastard it condemns. The system gets an ability too much and the crowd can use it to murder ppl because they want to protect themselves a bit too much.
Sharia anyone?

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
The system should never do such a thing, not for the purpose to please the bastard, but just for the reason the system not becoming alike the bastard it condemns. The system gets an ability too much and the crowd can use it to murder ppl because they want to protect themselves a bit to much.
Sharia anyone?
I think he meant "in self defense" which is a direct answer to the question, but not addressing the death penalty itself.

Wayne

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
The system should never do such a thing, not for the purpose to please the bastard, but just for the reason the system not becoming alike the bastard it condemns. The system gets an ability too much and the crowd can use it to murder ppl because they want to protect themselves a bit to much.
Sharia anyone?
I think he meant "in self defense" which is a direct answer to the question, but not addressing the death penalty itself.

Wayne

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Wayne

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Fade said:
@ Wilse
---------------

BS.
Sharia anyone?

Wayne

Back