Global Warming Report for Feb 3, 2011 and NFL laughed at

redrumloa

Reaction score
South Florida to NFL: Enjoy your Super Bowls on ice!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-s ... umn?page=1

As for your upcoming Super Bowl sites, I see that you're skidding through an ice storm in Dallas/Arlington (host of Sunday's big game), that Indianapolis (2012) will have a high of 17 degrees Thursday, that New Orleans (2013) is barely above freezing and that New York/New Jersey (site of the 2014 game — outdoors!) is having their bazillionth storm this winter.

"Here's me: 81 degrees, no snow, no ice, no shovels — and no Super Bowls," said Nicki Grossman, head of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau. "What's wrong with this picture?"

Said Rodney Barreto, chairman of the South Florida Super Bowl Host Committee: "If I was planning the Super Bowl in New York, my knees would be shaking."

Not to mention teeth chattering, noses running and fingers turning blue.

The other part of this story is the fact the NFL wants South Florida tax payers to fund a stadium upgrade in order to get future Super Bowls played here.

South Florida is bidding for the 2015 Super Bowl, which will be awarded later this year.

Since we hosted the big game last year, there's been talk (or threats) that the NFL won't return unless public dollars fund major improvements to the Dolphins' stadium.

Dolphins CEO Mike Dee has been beating the drum again lately, pushing legislation that would allow bed-tax money in Broward and Miami-Dade counties to go toward the stadium, including a roof over the seats. The Broward County Commission strongly opposes the plan.

Screw the billionaire team owner, let him pay for the upgrade if he wants one and screw the NFL! Let their strong arm tactics bite them in the ass for the next 4+ years!

"I understand we have to share the game," Grossman said. "I don't understand why we can't be in a natural rotation every four years. We have everything they're looking for."

Except frostbite (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/healt ... 0064.topic).

We can only hope the NFL and its highfalutin minions freeze their tushes off these next few years.

"This is so much justice," said Mark Mariani, of Boca Raton, a former executive with Turner Broadcasting who negotiated contracts with the NFL and other sports leagues. "Your headline should be: Greed gets sacked."

Mariani said it's only a matter of time until the league's big corporate sponsors, the ones who shell out $15 million to $20 million annually and get 500 Super Bowl tickets to entertain clients, distributors and executives, get tired of frigid Super Bowls.

"In Florida you've got beach parties, golf tournaments, cruises up the Intracoastal, great shopping," Mariani said. "In Indianapolis, there's nothing to do."

And in wintry Dallas this week, events have been canceled and visitors have endured rolling blackouts at their hotels.

Meantime, the only ice I see is in my mojito.

Cheers NFL!

Hope to see you soon. We'll keep the A/C on for you.

I'm probably the only one on Whzzat today not dealing with sub-zero temps and blizzards. I hope you are all enjoying this global warming and "warmest winter on record" crap.

It's actually warming up here, to the point where snow is melting. Quite unusual as typically February is usually battling out with January for the coldest month of the year.

No snow here, although we do have a severe weather warning.

About ten degrees Celcius right now, rain stoatin' aff the windaes and 80mph gales.

Some interesting articles.

New book: Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax
http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/2011/ ... een-gored/

Scientifically unsupportable and misleading statements prompted an October 2007 ruling in London’s High Court that An Inconvenient Truth can be shown in secondary schools only if accompanied by guidance notes for teachers to balance Gore’s “one-sided” views. Following extensive evidentiary review, the judge cited nine specific errors. Included are unwarranted global warming claims predicting a 20 foot sea level rise, flooding of low-lying inhabited Pacific Atolls, and a likely shift in Gulf Stream currents; and attributions of the disappearance of Mt Kilimanjaro snow, drying up of Lake Chad, Hurricane Katrina, drowning polar bears, and coral reef destruction due to human causes.

In comments regarding his findings, Sir Michael Burton pointed out that the “apocalyptical vision” presented in the film was politically partisan, and not an impartial analysis of the science of climate change: “It is built around the charismatic presence of the ex-vice president Al Gore, whose crusade is to persuade the world of the dangers of climate change caused by global warming…It is now common ground that it is not simply a science film—although it is clear that it is based substantially on scientific research and opinion–but it is a political film.”

America Crushed by the Snow and Ice of Global Warming

http://nation.foxnews.com/global-warmin ... al-warming
636_Chicago_snow.jpg

Follow the money and you will see ill gotten profits and politics are the only thruths to be found.

EPA: New pollution limits won't apply to some, GE gets waiver
http://nation.foxnews.com/global-warmin ... -ge-waiver

Last month, the Obama EPA began enforcing new rules regulating the greenhouse gas emissions from any new or expanded power plants.

This week, the EPA issued its first exemption, Environment & Energy News reports.

Maybe GE CEO Jeff Immelt's closeness to President Obama, and his broad support for Obama's agenda, had nothing to do with this exemption. But we have no way of knowing that, and given the administration's record of regularly misleading Americans regarding lobbyists, frankly, I wouldn't trust the White House if they told me there was no connection.

Global warming advocates suggest a tax on milk and meats
http://www.examiner.com/finance-examine ... -and-meats

Enjoy!

Robert said:

About ten degrees Celcius right now, rain stoatin' aff the windaes and 80mph gales.

mph and not kph? That's hurricane force winds! Be careful!

Hey it's melting all over!

2xus_snow_anim.gif

Glaucus said:
It's actually warming up here, to the point where snow is melting. Quite unusual as typically February is usually battling out with January for the coldest month of the year.
Being semi-close, and southeast of you, our forecast for tomorrow is 30s and rain! I agree fairly unusual for this point in time. This winter is working out to be fairly close to average temps and fairly close to average snowfall.

I'd add that thinking a couple of months of cooler temps in certain areas mean that Climate Change is wrong displays a severe lack of understanding of what the scientists are saying.

One thing worth pointing out is that if we're seeing an increase in precipitation, that means there's more moisture in the air, and that usually happens when the oceans are warmer. So yes, all this heavy snow fall supports global warming.

faethor said:
I'd add that thinking a couple of months of cooler temps in certain areas mean that Climate Change is wrong displays a severe lack of understanding of what the scientists are saying.

Uuuh, you should put a time stamp next to what scientists statements you refer to as it is a fast moving target. The statement was always that "Snowfall would be a thing of the past".

http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 24017.html

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

OOPS!

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

Let's just forget all that, cold temperatures and insane snowfall is really a sign of global warming after all! :roll:

Glaucus said:
One thing worth pointing out is that if we're seeing an increase in precipitation, that means there's more moisture in the air, and that usually happens when the oceans are warmer. So yes, all this heavy snow fall supports global warming.

After their first theory of no more snow ever failed, this is the new theory. Next winter could be milder than this winter for snowfall and they will claim it shows a warming trend. Lack of snow, warming trend. More snow, warming trend. Warm temperatures, warming trend. Record cold temperatures, warming trend.

Yup, everything is a warming trend$$$$

Now see, I have the opposite here in Detroit. Edison (err DTE Energy) helpfully provided the statistic that January 2011 was a massive 18 degrees colder than January 2010 along with their explanation of why my natural gas bill is going up.

I fondly thought of you folks when I read that one. :D

ilwrath said:
Now see, I have the opposite here in Detroit. Edison (err DTE Energy) helpfully provided the statistic that January 2011 was a massive 18 degrees colder than January 2010 along with their explanation of why my natural gas bill is going up.

I fondly thought of you folks when I read that one. :D

+1

Thanks for sharing, another sign of Global Warming. :lol:

redrumloa said:
faethor said:

Uuuh, you should put a time stamp next to what scientists statements you refer to as it is a fast moving target. The statement was always that "Snowfall would be a thing of the past".

http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 24017.html

Red a great example of how I talked about not understanding what scientists are saying.

Science and it's understanding is built by the bulk of work of scientists. In the case of 'Global Warming' it appears here that Dr. David Viner tried to add a brick to the top of the wall. The brick didn't fit. It shows that Viner's understanding was wrong. It doesn't prove that the foundation was wrong.

Science learns and grows over time. A prediction, as this one from 2000, isn't locked forever unchangeable. As science learns more stuff it's able to better predict future events. Since 2000 things have been learned. One of the things that has been better learned is the North Atlantic Oscillation. It, has cycles, and brings periods of warm and cold. So, in 2000 the 'linear' thought of that time has been surplanted by better knowledge and better working models. And science continues.

Let's just forget all that, cold temperatures and insane snowfall is really a sign of global warming after all! :roll:
Climate Change never said temps will ONLY be positive nor has it said everywhere must be positive at the same time. These are errors you demonstrate in your understanding by posting it's cold today therefore GW has to be wrong. Global Climate Change is a trend over time. There is simply no way to prove that a small set of points in subset of the world is not, or is, Climate Change. Climage change is measured in terms of decades or more.

Now I'm open to this Dec/Jan possibly being a start to some Cooling Trend. We won't be able to conclude that is the case until we've observed events not only later this year but over the next few years. So come back here in 2020 and we'll see in 2010/2011 what these events played in the scope of the other data.

redrumloa said:
For now. Eventually it'll turn to rain.

redrumloa said:
Robert said:

mph and not kph? That's hurricane force winds! Be careful!

Thanks but it's not caused too much damamge.
I stayed in doors anyway and recorded some music.
:hammer:

redrumloa said:

Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.
Thought of a similar item that might be used to Highlight your error here. Let's say that Evolution is true and a scientist says that cats are going to grow wings. We wait a few hundred years and find out that cats grow a 2nd tail. Using your logic here your conculsion would be that evolution was false. Make sure to distinquish between 'bad scientist' and 'bad science'.

Faethor exclaimed!
"Make sure to distinquish between 'bad scientist' and 'bad science'."
--------------------------------------------

Amen to that Faethor.

My suggestion to everybody:
Make copies of all these weather posts and put them away in a "Lockbox" for your great great grandchildren to read in the year 2150.

One side is going to look pretty smart, and the other side is.... well the other side's great great grandchildren are going to deny that you are even from the same family.

Oh yeah, make sure that you put your real name on your posts, so the kids can't deny the
relation. If you've got the nerve.

BTW what the heck is "distinquish"? Some kind of new food group? :lol:

Fade said:
F
My suggestion to everybody:
Make copies of all these weather posts and put them away in a "Lockbox" for your great great grandchildren to read in the year 2150.
We could just go back to the guys in the 50's who were saying that increasing carbon dioxide would lead to a warmer planet (I mean the guys in the 1850's who were putting this forward). We are those great great grandchildren and it looks like (by a wide diversity of measurements) that they were right. The experiment you posit has already been done.

Oh yeah, make sure that you put your real name on your posts, so the kids can't deny the
relation. If you've got the nerve.
Are you saying that you lack the nerve? Or are you saying that your real name is Fade?

FluffyMcDeath said:
We could just go back to the guys in the 50's who were saying that increasing carbon dioxide would lead to a warmer planet (I mean the guys in the 1850's who were putting this forward). We are those great great grandchildren and it looks like (by a wide diversity of measurements) that they were right. The experiment you posit has already been done.

Fluffy, PLEASE PELASE PLEASE tell me that you are not trying to make the case that a warming trend from 1850 until today is a sign of man made Global Warming. Just tell me yes or no, I really have to know.

Back