1984 was not written as a "how to" manual

Football Legend John Elway Liked Trump Tweet About Fake News, and the Media Jumped Into Action

The only reason they would want to investigate Elway liking a Trump tweet about the media pushing “fake news” is because, as I wrote above, liking Trump is a sin. It’s a super-de-duper sin to agree with him about the media’s push of false narratives and outright lies being a problem.

My educated guess is that highlighting Elway’s liking of a tweet may encourage a mob to gather and punish the football legend for daring to step out of line. It is, after all, something that seems to happen quite a bit. Look at what they did to Mario Lopez for simply suggesting that it shouldn’t be left up to a three-year-old child to make life-altering decisions about their bodies.

I shouldn’t have to write this, but people should be free to have their own opinions without having to answer to the public tribunal every single time they express it. The left, however, keeps such a tight watch on anyone stepping out of line, you’d think we lived in a digital version of east Germany. Step one foot out of bounds and you’ll be made to regret it. The media and the social media overlords have deemed it so.

Hermaphrodites are not a gender. They aren't even a third sex. Humans don't even have true hermaphrodites unlike worms and snails.
Now there is a caveat where, it seems, there have been a few cases of people born with an ovary and a testicle that have self fertilised. I found an abstract for one paper on pub Med that says there have been 11 known cases of self fertilisation leading to male offspring in people with a 46, XX karyotype with polymerase chain reaction demonstrating low levels of the Yq12 sequence.
If this is true it still only means that there are people who expresses 2 sexes instead of just one.
Of course, if we consider that gender is not sex (which was what people used to stress but seems to be regularly forgotten) and we consider that gender is an internal state depending on which sex you identify as then ... well, there are still only two genders because it's based on physical reality - but if it is unhindered by physical reality and you can pick a gender and what that gender identity means then you can have infinite number of genders ... and they are all meaningless except to the person that invented it (or a small clique of their friends). Most of the genders that exploded onto the scene a few years ago have already gone extinct. In fact, I hardly ever hear the term gender used in a non-binary way.
The only thing he should get kicked out of for saying there are only two genders is a class learning Dutch or German.

55159f07c0175454.jpg

Joaquin Castro Shares Names and Employers of Trump Donors in His San Antonio District

“Democrats want to talk about inciting violence? This naming of private citizens and their employers is reckless and irresponsible,” Murtaugh told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “He is endangering the safety of people he is supposed to be representing.”

“Hey, media, do you think this is okay?” Murtaugh asked in a tweet.

“At the very least @Castro4Congress is inviting harassment of these private citizens,” he continued. “At worst, he’s encouraging violence. Will media concerned about “rhetoric” care about this? He’s listing people and their employers.”

“This is a target list,” he added:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that list already publicly disclosed (by law)? And I don't see any incitement here. In general, I absolutely despise this court and punishment through social media bullshit... But simply naming the top contributors and their connections isn't doing anything wrong, as far as I can see.

Legally you're almost certainly spot on, but lets be honest, this was done specifically to paint a target on these donors backs. Given how polarised things are and how this trend seems to be deepening, I do wonder if this sort of action will result in people being hurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that list already publicly disclosed (by law)? And I don't see any incitement here. In general, I absolutely despise this court and punishment through social media bullshit... But simply naming the top contributors and their connections isn't doing anything wrong, as far as I can see.

A lot of things are public record. What he is doing is doxxing, and as high profile as he is, it is a clear call for violence. If you've been paying attention, you know the growing left on right violence. Antifa is a good example, and they are praised by the Liberal media. Things keep getting ratcheted up. Now we have "movies" glorifying Limousine Liberals murdering rural Trump supporters.

Hollywood Film Depicts Trump Supporters Being Hunted for Sport by Liberals

In the past few days we’ve been hearing a lot about how Donald Trump’s rhetoric is apparently to blame for the El Paso shooting, yet Hollywood apparently lacked the foresight to think that a movie promoting violence against “deplorables” might be in bad taste until after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, as only now is Universal rethinking their promotional strategy for the film.

"Did anyone see what our ratf**ker-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."
In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

According to THR, the movie “features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

This is no accident or coincidence.

A lot of things are public record. What he is doing is doxxing, and as high profile as he is, it is a clear call for violence.

I couldn't disagree more. On several counts. First off, he didn't "dox" anyone. Copypasta of a list that is already available publicly is clearly not doxing. Secondly, there is no call to violence here. You can't simply imply that a printed name is an incitement. It isn't. Third, it is imperative, and backed up by law that, campaign donations be published and publishable. People need to know who is buying their elections.

I don't necessarily like the way he phrased what he did. But I will defend what he did. Yes, it is possible that some unhinged lunatic might start trying to hunt the people on that list. Of course, unhinged lunatics might do anything. You can't live your life in fear of what unhinged lunatics might do. Knowing who is paying into your election is something we need to defend, not attack.

The Story Of 8chan Shows Why There Is No Alternative To the Leftwing Social Media Giants

In a very short while after the Patrick Crusius, the El Paso shooter, was identified, it was a reported that he was a visitor to 8chan, a message board that is very close to an absolute free speech area. Let me digress for a moment. I’m pretty close to a free speech absolutist. If someone says something that hurts your feelings, there are lots of avenues open to you to relieve the pain, but one of them is NOT silencing the stuff you don’t want to hear. My view on this extends to people espousing racial superiority (I really don’t care which race they are talking about) and racial animus. As I posted earlier in the week, I don’t care what you think and believe, I only care about how you act.

To get back to the story, the 8chan message boards were supported by Cloudflare. In the aftermath of the shooting, Cloudflare withdrew its support from 8chan and took it offline. 8chan quickly lined up another vendor, BitMitigate, and were back online.

But later in the morning, internet infrastructure provider Voxility announced that it would be cutting off support for BitMitigate and its parent company Epik in response to the decision to provide service to 8chan.

“We do not tolerate hate speech in any form,” Voxility spokeswoman Maria Sirbu said in an email. “This is a firm stand from our team, and we will not reinstall services for Epik/BitMitigate under (any) circumstances.”

Epik and BitMitigate rented dedicated servers from Voxility, Sirbu said, and used them to sell hosting services to third parties. She said Voxility learned approximately three weeks ago that Epik was providing services for neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, and responded by cutting access to IP addresses related to the website.

After learning that BitMitigate had begun providing security services for 8chan, Voxility made the decision to cut Epik’s access off entirely and drop them as a client, Sirbu said.

Bitmitgate’s security services also ran on server space rented from Voxility, according to BitMitigate founder and former owner Nicholas Lim, so Voxility’s decision will halt all of the subsidiary’s operations unless Epik decides to seek out an alternate server host and is able to find one.

By late Monday morning, 8chan had gone down again, and BitMitigate’s own website was also unreachable — likely a result of Voxility’s decision, Lim said.

So 8chan, a backwater only visited by a very small number of people, and quite possibly anti-free-speech advocates stalking the board to try to get evidence to shut the board down might well have outnumbered actual participants, could not be ignored. Because one of its visitors committed a crime, it had to be destroyed. The social media start up Gab has likewise found itself forced, on pain of loss of internet access, to take down accounts and posts by order of companies providing services to it.

You can't simply imply that a printed name is an incitement. It isn't.

If I publish your name here and now, nothing happens. I publish your name to some leftwing news site, with the words "he's a trump supporter and donor" the very act of publishing it could well be an incitement.

Context matters.

At this stage we have Democrats on Twitter actively calling for Trump supporters to unironically be exterminated with zero action by Twitter (as well as a forthcoming movie promoting just that). People have lost jobs and seen their companies fold for actions like the above. So to try to dismiss it as fringe stuff at this point wears a little thin, these actions are being tacitly supported by everyone on the mainstream leftwing food chain.

I think we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Well, I don't think you want to hang your hat on any of the 'chans being bastions of free speech. They decidedly have never been ones to seek out the moral high-ground, except in the rare cases it suits their needs. Still. I don't like the way it went down, either.

I feel like a broken record... But if you're not supporting Net Neutrality, you're supporting this type of bad behavior. If you had Net Neutrality, there wouldn't be anything that would stop you from forming a new CDN all on your own to deliver your bits to readers. But, without Net Neutrality, oh, look, ATT, Verizon, Comcast, and T/W have throttled your CDN's bits to oblivion. Oooops, so sorry, you're still effectively blocked from reaching a majority of Americans.

And that's why I think Republicans are full of shit when they talk about wanting open media, and all their bitching about left-wing bias. The very first action the Republican FCC took was to kill the thing that could have truly democratized mass communication.

I think we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm not even sure how much we're disagreeing. I see the point you're trying to make. I just think it's a leap too far. Especially when what could be lost in the crossfire is so important.

Back