Another mass shooting

A refreshing take on the causes of these happenings.

Frankly reading every other left and right wing publication screaming that vidya gaems are doing it and citing studies debunked during the Jack Thompson era is getting kind of tired.

tdd6tjia94f31.jpg

It's the CIA!!!

But it could be the Russians - though if it were it's clever of them to blame themselves while polarising the population.

Or it could be organic - a consequence of having to sell advertising ergo needing to attract eyeballs to pages.

But he reason I keep coming back to the US intelligence apparatus is that it all looks so much like a strategy of tension - kicked into high gear with Hillary's histrionics (and she's a friend of the deep state) using similar division strategies that neutralised Occupy (perhaps originating in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Team created by the Obama Whitehouse) and the similarity to social manipulations preceding colour revolutions and springs.

The particular fault lines in the social fabric are amplified by repeated emphasis in social media and the old media while opportunities for debate and finding common ground are prevented by allowing groups to block and flag opposing opinions and raising disagreements to the level of unmentionable blasphemies.

Also, powerful methods of oppression have been created and field tested in the form of #MeToo by which even powerful people can be taken down (and have very theatrically been taken down) if they don't fall in line.

Frankly reading every other left and right wing publication screaming that vidya gaems are doing it and citing studies debunked during the Jack Thompson era is getting kind of tired.

It's the CIA!!!

But it could be the Russians - though if it were it's clever of them to blame themselves while polarising the population.

Or it could be organic - a consequence of having to sell advertising ergo needing to attract eyeballs to pages.

But he reason I keep coming back to the US intelligence apparatus is that it all looks so much like a strategy of tension - kicked into high gear with Hillary's histrionics (and she's a friend of the deep state) using similar division strategies that neutralised Occupy (perhaps originating in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Team created by the Obama Whitehouse) and the similarity to social manipulations preceding colour revolutions and springs.

The particular fault lines in the social fabric are amplified by repeated emphasis in social media and the old media while opportunities for debate and finding common ground are prevented by allowing groups to block and flag opposing opinions and raising disagreements to the level of unmentionable blasphemies.

Also, powerful methods of oppression have been created and field tested in the form of #MeToo by which even powerful people can be taken down (and have very theatrically been taken down) if they don't fall in line.

First off, The Leander, I think that assessment has a lot more basis in reality than any other theories brought forward. Clearly everyone loves to blame video games, but they don't have anything more to do it than any other popular form of entertainment of past days.

As for Fluffy's assessment of the CIA... I don't disagree with any of your arguments. My only question is what would the CIA have to gain by sowing internal dissent? What would be gained by that? Answer me that question, and you might have a convert.

Clearly some of the old Eastern Bloc countries have had their hands in this. There are network logs and statistics and regressions that pretty much prove those countries has a hand in a lot of US political social networking. Is any one in particular tipping the scale completely? Probably not. But the strategies at play look a lot like the CIA's past strategies, because these countries studied those CIA strategies that were used against them, and are now playing them back at us. It is likely some mix of that, plus the organic eyeballs-are-king attitudes of all current media, including "news" outlets you mentioned.

The strongest argument on your side for the CIA is definitely Hillary's behavior... I agree, it's been absurd. But, I think it might really be as simple as she's an old bitch who lost it at being so close to being remembered in history as the first female president.... But then it was snatched away by someone she thought was her friend. She propped up Trump in the run-up to the Republican primaries, and he took her from being the inevitable next President to being a punchline. I think she's just plain lost her shit and is throwing an ongoing "burn everything" hissy-fit for the ages. She's yelling, screaming, and throwing feces everywhere, and doesn't care, anymore.

As for Fluffy's assessment of the CIA... I don't disagree with any of your arguments. My only question is what would the CIA have to gain by sowing internal dissent? What would be gained by that? Answer me that question, and you might have a convert.

It's an opinion I formed quite early after the election as the rhetoric really amped up out through the the usual organs and facebook twitter etc (which had already been previously implicated in CIA operations against Cuba and in various revolutions) sparked partially by the unexpected loss of the deep states preferred candidate (insufficient on it's own) but mostly because of Trumps antagonistic attitude to the deep state.

At the outset and continuing it looks like a regime change operation - big street actions, broad spectrum demonisation, scandalisation (not that Trump isn't an easy target for that) and extreme voices being surfaced.

When I say CIA I'm using it as an umbrella term for the state intelligence organs - and that is doubly generalising since even the individual organs aren't monolithic and there is a certain amount of power struggle internal to each. Just because of the amount of power to act secretly and illegally, these organs always attract people who use them to serve their own interests. My feeling is that the neo-con faction is still influential and while they still don't like Trump for his instinct to disengage from the Middle East and try to make friends with enemies, regime change doesn't have to result in the toppling of power if those holding the reigns can be persuaded that it would be in better for them to bend a little. Iran sanctions, Venezuela, appointing Bolton, might all be part of accommodations. Then again it might not.

It could all just be random in the same way that a game of chess might look random if you didn't know the rules or understand that there are human beings involved each trying to attain a goal that isn't directly apparent from an inspection of the board.

33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree

A group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in southwestern China on Saturday, killing at least 29 people and injuring more than 130 others in what Chinese officials called a terrorist strike, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

Four of the attackers were also shot dead and only one was captured alive after the mayhem, which broke out about 9 p.m. (8 a.m. ET) at the Kunming Railway Station in the capital of southwest China's Yunnan Province.

it's guys who hate women because they can't get laid (because they are weird and boring)
Or short or poor or generally unattractive - but hating women is NOT a requirement for being INCEL. Women hate incels in the same way the rich hate the poor. The poor always want what the rich have but the rich are loathe to part with it. Similarly, the poor resent the rich because poverty sucks and the rich won't share their wealth.

The key is that it is involuntary. To be an incel you must first of all not want to be one.

Incels could, if they hated women and wanted to get laid, save a bit of money and hire prostitutes, but they don't. If they did then they wouldn't be celibate for one - but it's not so much about the sex as the need for intimate relationship - they want, most of all, a girlfriend, but they are rejected by the people that they desire to be with - women.

Yes, many incels are not socially competent or attractive people and many of them may be actually mentally ill, just like a lot of the raggedy men you find sleeping in alleys in big cities, but that doesn't mean that they aren't suffering or that they don't have an understandable beef with society.

Or short or poor or generally unattractive - but hating women is NOT a requirement for being INCEL. Women hate incels in the same way the rich hate the poor. The poor always want what the rich have but the rich are loathe to part with it. Similarly, the poor resent the rich because poverty sucks and the rich won't share their wealth.

The key is that it is involuntary. To be an incel you must first of all not want to be one.

Incels could, if they hated women and wanted to get laid, save a bit of money and hire prostitutes, but they don't. If they did then they wouldn't be celibate for one - but it's not so much about the sex as the need for intimate relationship - they want, most of all, a girlfriend, but they are rejected by the people that they desire to be with - women.

Yes, many incels are not socially competent or attractive people and many of them may be actually mentally ill, just like a lot of the raggedy men you find sleeping in alleys in big cities, but that doesn't mean that they aren't suffering or that they don't have an understandable beef with society.

The term "incel" has become a flavor of the month slander term of the progressive left against anyone they disagree with.

this was in the 80s?

there have always been idiots who happen to be male.

I could tell you stories about what it was like traveling on the subway while dressed in a catholic school uniform. :rolleyes:

there have always been idiots who happen to be male.

I could tell you stories about what it was like traveling on the subway while dressed in a catholic school uniform. :rolleyes:
I'll bet. Fortunately that doesn't last long.

Titania McGrath is a fake parody account, prove me wrong. I've seen a number of posts/tweets over the last couple years, and it seems impossible to not be a parody.

Titania McGrath is a fake parody account, prove me wrong. I've seen a number of posts/tweets over the last couple years, and it seems impossible to not be a parody.

Titania McGrath is the very funny, SWJ parody replacement account of the Godfrey Elfwick account which was banned

Joanna Schroeder is an swj author and true-believer living in a bubble of leftist dogma and circular reasoning, who fears her boys are being alt right indoctrinated into becoming racist/white nationalists

Read the Joanna Schroeder thread first if you're not familiar with the Titania McGrath parody account,

Back