Bizarro News

DcT48MfV0AAweU9.jpg

Mystery pooper at N.J. high school's track turned out to be superintendent, cops say

Tramaglini has taken a paid leave of absence from his $147,504 a year job in Kenilworth.

Dcm2grmXkAIhw_i.jpg

Seems "everything" is genetically inheritable except for traits like athleticism and intelligence ?!?

More flat earth fun:
I watched an entire Flat Earth Convention for my research—here’s what I learned
Shifts in who has power to spread information have led to a resurgence in fringe ideas.

Let me begin by stating quickly that I’m not really interested in discussing if the Earth if flat or not(for the record, I’m happily a “globe-Earther”)—and I’m not seeking to mock or denigrate this community. What’s important here is not necessarily whether anyone believes the Earth is flat or not, but instead what the flat-Earthers' resurgence and public conventions tell us about science and knowledge in the 21st century.

More flat earth fun:
I watched an entire Flat Earth Convention for my research—here’s what I learned
Shifts in who has power to spread information have led to a resurgence in fringe ideas.

I saw that article, too. It's a pretty interesting read. Not the actual flat-earth theories -- they're layered with deliberately obtuse, confusing, and misleading information that thinly covers a core idea that is batty as hell. Some of the flat Earth theories put troll physics to shame.

But pondering the reasons why people might choose to believe in a flat Earth is pretty fascinating. It just seems to alien to me. I can't fathom how in this day in age, people could actually still believe the Earth is flat. There are multiple ways you can easily see and prove for yourself for relatively reasonable prices.

And if the kid says, "No, that is not OK".
What then?
Leave it to roll around in its own pish and kiech?

Oh, well, if she's an expert, I suppose she must know best, right?

I had a look (admittedly a very brief one) and the "expert" tag seems to come from a reference to her Twitter account, which in turn references her website:
Deanne is a leading Australian sexuality educator, researcher, speaker, author and ultimate keeper of a straight face when dispelling children's misconceptions about bodies and baby making.*

and:

Perhaps that does qualify her to tell people to seek nonsensical consent from infants but it all looks a bit knit-your-own-expertise to me and I can't be arsed wasting any more time looking. I'll file her "expertise" under self-appointed unless I read otherwise.

Perhaps that does qualify her to tell people to seek nonsensical consent from infants but it all looks a bit knit-your-own-expertise to me and I can't be arsed wasting any more time looking. I'll file her "expertise" under self-appointed unless I read otherwise.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE CREDENTIALS OF ANYONE WITH PURPLE HAIR!!!

Purple Hair = phd in Gender Studies
fish mouth = phd Social Justice Warrior

And if the kid says, "No, that is not OK".
What then?
Leave it to roll around in its own pish and kiech?
Waiting to see the meltdown that occurs when consent matters from birth babies meet authority. Oh the giggles when kids won't consent to going to bed and won't consent to turning off the video game and won't consent to stop throwing stones at the police.

Self-described white supremacist and paedophile running for US congress from his parents’ home
larson-candidate.jpg

Nathan Larson
A self-described white supremacist and paedophile who served time in jail over a plot to kill a US president, is running to become a congressman from his parents’ home in northern Virginia.

Mr Larson has never been convicted of paedophilia, but cached copies of his campaign website, show he advocates for child sexual abuse and the subjugation of women. He also is an admirer of the politics of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, whom he described as a “white supremacist hero”.

Back