Debates... the thread

At Congressional Hearing, State Department: Budget Had Nothing To Do With Security Decisions At Benghazi (10/10/12)
So security is free? Of course not. It would appear to me this evidence conflicts your earlier evidence as it's someone from the State saying the budget didn't impact security. Which means they thought security adequate and likely Biden is right, they didn't ask for any more security.

this is where the teabagging rethuglicans get their talking points

Right-Wing Crybabies come unhinged over Biden Now besides a great title for an article it has one thing spot on. Right-Wingers are upset about Biden's attitude. They completely fail to mention any problems with Biden's policies. They just whine about being talked over so Ryan couldn't finish his lies sentences.

From the Wayback machine, 1988
before he joined "hair club for men"

Mr. Biden, who attended the Syracuse College of Law and graduated 76th in a class of 85, later acknowledged: ”I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inaccurate.” "only received a single B.A. in history and political science." ”With regard to my being the outstanding student in the political science department,” the statement went on. ”My name was put up for that award" ”My recollection is – and I’d have to confirm this – but I don’t recall paying any money to go to law school.” the law school ''arranged for my first year's room and board by placing me as an assitant resident adviser in the undergraduate school.'' Mr. Biden said he did win a moot court competition, with a partner, in Kingston, Ontario, on Dec. 12, 1967.

@cecilia

I realize that there is to be no religious tests for office. But, I think asking about Mormonis would be interesting. First, why do Christians not consider your faith Christian? Next, the leadership of the church is above everyone else. Meaning if you're not on the top of the Mormon church you must follow the Mormon church, or be kicked out and lose your planet. Mitt, if the Church heads above you give you an order that is unconstitutional what decision do you make and why? Mitt was supposed a leader in the mid-70s. Did he have influence and a side on ending the racial discrimination of his faith? The last question is do you as a Mormon feel it justifiable that Mormons can convert others, such as Jews from the Holocaust, to your faith without their consent?

There are some extremely important questions on morals and how he'll lead the nation. We should know about conflicts in faith and the Constitution and how he'd choose the USA.

@cecilia

I realize that there is to be no religious tests for office. But, I think asking about Mormonis would be interesting. First, why do Christians not consider your faith Christian? Next, the leadership of the church is above everyone else. Meaning if you're not on the top of the Mormon church you must follow the Mormon church, or be kicked out and lose your planet. Mitt, if the Church heads above you give you an order that is unconstitutional what decision do you make and why? Mitt was supposed a leader in the mid-70s. Did he have influence and a side on ending the racial discrimination of his faith? The last question is do you as a Mormon feel it justifiable that Mormons can convert others, such as Jews from the Holocaust, to your faith without their consent?

There are some extremely important questions on morals and how he'll lead the nation. We should know about conflicts in faith and the Constitution and how he'd choose the USA.
we all saw how bush's religious views ruined this country, so I agree

So security is free? Of course not. It would appear to me this evidence conflicts your earlier evidence as it's someone from the State saying the budget didn't impact security. Which means they thought security adequate and likely Biden is right, they didn't ask for any more security.
State Dept. sitting on $2 billion-plus for embassy security

"The State Department will not spend the already approved funds because they didn't want to the appearance of needing increased security."

Our assessment was the unarmed Libyan guards were extremely poor calibre," said one security source. "The Libyan Ministry of Interior are generally not happy with Blue Mountain and had them on their close observation/target list." The New York Times last week reported that major security firms with a track record of guarding US premises elsewhere had made approaches to undertake work in Libya but were rebuffed

Abdulaziz Majbiri, a Blue Mountain guard at the compound, told the Daily Telegraph that they were effectively abandoned and incapable of defending themselves on the night of the attack.
"We were in uniform, unarmed except for taser guns and handcuffs, and had been told in the case of attack to muster by the swimming pool," he said. "I was separated from the others and couldn't get anywhere near the swimming pool before I was shot."

DEBATES 2: This morning I awoke to a combination of Obama Wins (most news channels) to a Tie (a handful).

@metalman,

yup - much more interesting. People, especially when they think they are gonna get on TV, are always willing to please. Streeters are very popular filler but completely useless as news.

@metalman,

yup - much more interesting. People, especially when they think they are gonna get on TV, are always willing to please. Streeters are very popular filler but completely useless as news.

Most low information voters give an answer that matches what they perceive as the consensus opinion.

Back