Elon Muskrat watch

Ethereum founder trolls Elon Muskrat :lol:

187739195_4139751362734614_4516072848882402424_n.jpg

Ignore the bit at the end of the meme, it's "inside baseball". Charles was indeed co-founder of Ethereum.

Looks,like EV affordability is coming even faster than before. I rented one of these recently on Turo to attend an out of town event and the trunk space is too small for my family needs. Some will love the low cost and form factor I suspect.

Last edited:
Looks,like EV affordability is coming even faster than before. I rented one of these recently on Turo to attend an out of town event and the trunk space is too small for my family needs. Some will love the low cost and form factor I suspect.

I don't know how it was received outside the Detroit area, but the new F-150 Lightning turned some heads around here, that's for sure. A fully electric truck with 10,000 lbs towing and 300 miles range for about the same cost as optioning it with the 3.5L EcoBoost. Plus you can use it as a mobile power source. And it has both a bed and a trunk. That's... compelling. I don't think there's going to be enough supply for me to lease one when my current F-150 lease is up, though. (Knowing Ford's electronics like I do, I'd definitely lease one until some real-world durability info is out there! Hell, it's taken several dealer visits, an NHTSA report, and a recall, to get something as simple as the backup camera in my 2020 F-150 sorta working. And don't even get me started on the piece of crap Sync radio... Even Ford's website crashes when I try to download an update for that!)

Lightning looks cool. I actually test drove a Taycan the other day but no way I can afford that!

Lightning looks cool. I actually test drove a Taycan the other day but no way I can afford that!

I suppose the good part about driving a Taycan, is that while you're in it, you don't have to look at the outside of it. :D
The artists that came up with both it and the stupid Mach-E both need to be slapped about the head with a large trout a few a times. Eeesh.

'Anonymous' threatens to target billionaire Elon Musk for his manipulation of Bitcoin's value with his 'cavalier' tweets and says he shows 'disregard for the average working person'

ANONYMOUS' MESSAGE FOR ELON MUSK​

Greetings citizens of the world
This is a message from Anonymous, for Elon Musk.
For the past several years you have enjoyed one of the most favorable reputations of anyone in the billionaire class because you have tapped into the desire that many of us have to life in a world with electric cars and space exploration, but recently your carefully created public image is being exposed and people are beginning to see you as nothing more than another narcissistic rich dude who is desperate for attention.
It appears that your quest to save the world is more rooted in a superiority and savior complex than it is in actual concern for humanity. This has been obvious to your employees for a long time who have faced intolerable conditions under your command for years.
It is also obvious to the young children working in your overseas lithium mines which are destroying the local environment as well. You have been open about your willingness to stage coups in order to install dictators in places where your toxic products are being mined. You have even prematurely crowned yourself 'Emperor of Mars,' a place where you will be sending people to die.
Your fanboys overlook these issues because they are focused on the potential good that your projects can bring to the world but you are not the only show in town and your competition is growing more intense with each passing day.
There are plenty of other companies working on space exploration and electric vehicles you are just the only CEO who has gained a cult following through sh*tposting and trolling the world on social media. In fact, many people are not learning that the vast majority of Tesla's income doesn't come from selling cars, it comes from government subsidies - selling carbon tax credits for your innovation with clean energy
This technically isn't your innovation though because you aren't actually the founder of Tesla. You simply purchased the company from two people much more intelligent than you are - Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning
Tesla has also made more money holding Bitcoin for a few months than they did in years of selling cars.
It is also more than likely that this Bitcoin was purchased with money from these government subsidies.
It is now widely believed you have been forced to denounce your company's involvement with Bitcoin in order to keep that green government money flowing into Tesla's coffers.
The energy use argument about proof-of-work mining is a very nuanced conversation that requires a fairly complex understanding of how power grids work and how excess energy is wasted by power companies and sought out by crypto miners.
This is a conversation that you have been having for over a year and were intimately aware of but as soon as your main source of income was threatened as your pretended to be clueless in an attempt to play both sides of the fence
Then, your move to create a Bitcoin miner council was rightly seen as an attempt to centralize the industry and take it under your control.
Reading the comments on your Twitter posts, it seems that the games you have played with the crypto markets have destroyed lives.
Millions of retail investors were really counting on their crypto gains to improve their lives. This is something that you will never understand because you were born into the stolen wealth of a South African apartheid emerald mine and have no clue what struggle is like for most of the working people in the world.
Of course, they took the risk upon themselves when they invested, and everyone knows to be prepared for volatility in crypto, but your Tweets this week show a clear disregard for the average working person.
As hardworking people have their dreams liquidated over your public temper tantrums, you continue to mock them with memes from one of your million dollar mansions.
You may think you are the smartest person in the room, but now you have met your match. We are Anonymous! We are legion. Expect us.

I suppose the good part about driving a Taycan, is that while you're in it, you don't have to look at the outside of it. :D
The artists that came up with both it and the stupid Mach-E both need to be slapped about the head with a large trout a few a times. Eeesh.
I disagree.

In terms of looks, I like both slightly better than the F-150 Lightning anyway. I have seen the Taycan in real life. Looks decent enough in black, for instance.

The original design of the Taycan was presented as the "Mission E" prototype at various trade shows. I certainly preferred the prototype's look but you may not be able to tolerate this either if you hate the admittedly uglier but still quite similar production version.

Ethereum founder trolls Elon Muskra
In terms of mentality, Charles Hoskinson is a lot closer to Elon Musk than you might like :)

Also, in the mean time, the de-facto Ethereum project leader Vitalin has spoken out: "If doge wants to somehow bridge to ethereum, and then people can trade doge thousands of times a second inside a loop ring, then that would be amazing."

Musk voiced support for this idea on Twitter.

That said, given the current level of Ethereum gas fees, it might sound better on paper than it would be in practice.

Anyway, we will see where this goes. Given how many ordinary investors have dumped money into this, I hope it will not crash down. Ideally, they will switch from an inflationary to a deflationary model.

As far as EVs go governments are pretty much mandating them and even phasing out the sale of ICE vehicles in the coming years. How many new cars can you buy today without seatbelts or even backup cameras. The answer is near to 0%. Why? Governments have mandated that these features are in all new cars. The same thing will eventually happen with electric cars. Governments don’t want pollution dirtying up there cities and giving their citizens cancer. Just like cigarettes, owning a gas powered vehicle will get more and more expensive as time moves forward. Like all disruptive technology there will be some that don’t like this new reality.

Last edited:
I disagree.

In terms of looks, I like both slightly better than the F-150 Lightning anyway. I have seen the Taycan in real life. Looks decent enough in black, for instance.

The original design of the Taycan was presented as the "Mission E" prototype at various trade shows. I certainly preferred the prototype's look but you may not be able to tolerate this either if you hate the admittedly uglier but still quite similar production version.

The Taycan does look a little better in real life, and it definitely looks better in black. My major source of pain when I see it are those "bleeding eye" headlights. Literally, the poor thing looks like it's eyes are bleeding, and I just can't get over it. In the white paint most press pictures show, it strikes a physical revulsion reaction in me, like watching a pile of maggots or something. At least in black, that aero cut thing at the corner of the headlight looks like a continuation of the bumper shape, instead of the headlight shape, and that alone makes the car a lot more attractive. :D

As for the Mach-E, well, I have many problems with it, and it manages to look worse in person. I think I'd probably be more forgiving if they saddled it with an Escape or Edge name, if they had to use something established. But it probably deserved something entirely new. The only reason I can think of that Ford would have gone to the Mustang name for it is that they had no confidence in the product, itself, and just wanted to ensure someone would buy it because of the Mustang name. The few oddly pasted on Mustang features don't really fit with the shape of the vehicle, and look like afterthoughts. The whole design just looks half-assed, at best.

And yeah, I agree that the Lightning is not exactly a looker, either. The 2021+ F-150 is probably the 2nd best looking truck currently on sale (behind the Ram), but that is decidedly damning it with faint praise. The rest of the current trucks on the market are tragic looking. The original 1st gen SVT Lightning (like 1993) looked a lot better. And a lot of earlier trucks than that were even better.

I test drove a Taycan a couple of weeks back when my old Cayanne was getting service. The Taycan is a great car and fun to drive but I don't see myself paying $100,000 to $200,000 for a car. The most I’ve ever spent was $30,000. It did look great and drive great in person. I feel it looks best in red.

Last edited:
Just because a company claims to be making EVs is no guarantee of success. Don’t buy Lordstown Motors stock for example.

Last edited:
The Taycan does look a little better in real life, and it definitely looks better in black. My major source of pain when I see it are those "bleeding eye" headlights. Literally, the poor thing looks like it's eyes are bleeding, and I just can't get over it.
Fair enough. I certainly do not like them but I suppose they are not a complete 'dealbreaker' for me.

At least in black, that aero cut thing at the corner of the headlight looks like a continuation of the bumper shape, instead of the headlight shape, and that alone makes the car a lot more attractive. :D
Absolutely.

As for the Mach-E, well, I have many problems with it, and it manages to look worse in person. I think I'd probably be more forgiving if they saddled it with an Escape or Edge name, if they had to use something established. But it probably deserved something entirely new. The only reason I can think of that Ford would have gone to the Mustang name for it is that they had no confidence in the product, itself, and just wanted to ensure someone would buy it because of the Mustang name. The few oddly pasted on Mustang features don't really fit with the shape of the vehicle, and look like afterthoughts. The whole design just looks half-assed, at best.
Personally, I just do not think the regular Mustang looks very good so I am not offended by their use of the Mustang branding. I think the rear is especially ugly. The rear of the Mach-E is not amazing but it looks better to me.

Your summary of the Mach-E design ("The whole design just looks half-assed, at best") is what I would say about the exterior design of all semi-recent Mustang cars.

And yeah, I agree that the Lightning is not exactly a looker, either. The 2021+ F-150 is probably the 2nd best looking truck currently on sale (behind the Ram), but that is decidedly damning it with faint praise. The rest of the current trucks on the market are tragic looking. The original 1st gen SVT Lightning (like 1993) looked a lot better. And a lot of earlier trucks than that were even better.
To be fair, people obviously buy these cars for the offered functionality. Generally, I have low expectations regarding the design of trucks. I just found it interesting that you mentioned the Lighting right after criticizing the design of the Taycan and the Mach-E.

Personally, I just do not think the regular Mustang looks very good so I am not offended by their use of the Mustang branding. I think the rear is especially ugly. The rear of the Mach-E is not amazing but it looks better to me.

Your summary of the Mach-E design ("The whole design just looks half-assed, at best") is what I would say about the exterior design of all semi-recent Mustang cars.

As a guy who has owned a few Mustangs, I'd LIKE to disagree... But... Yeah, let's be honest here. Other than the first generation, Mustang hasn't exactly been a stylistic tour-de-force. But with the right engine and options they used to be relatively cheap, fun, and exciting in that TVR-ish "I'm never quite sure when this is going to try to kill me" sort of way. For some reason I find this endearing. I've made a lot of questionable decisions in my life.

I think the current generation real Mustang is one of the better ones in a while, and I think it looks better than the other American retro-muscle cars. But again, damning with faint praise. The Challenger and Camaro both look like they ATE their 1st gen ancestors, so again, low bar.

The Mach-E just looks like an Escape (which is actually sorta attractive for what it is - and even better in Corsair trim) with an ugly grille and some strange Mustang-ish design features pasted on. It's a whole different platform from them, but if I didn't know better, it could fool me. And it also shares zero parts with the real Mustang. So why does it share the name?

To be fair, people obviously buy these cars for the offered functionality. Generally, I have low expectations regarding the design of trucks. I just found it interesting that you mentioned the Lighting right after criticizing the design of the Taycan and the Mach-E.

Yeah, it was a completely separate thought. The grille and headlights on the Lightning aren't great, but the rest of it looks exactly like the rest of the F-150s, which is better than expected. I need a truck to carry tools and equipment during the week, and tow stuff on the weekend. So long as it doesn't actively make me cringe (see current Silverado) it's fine. And, let's face it, if GM had wanted to give me a better deal overall on the Silverado than Ford did on my F-150 lease, I'd have still gone for it. I'd just cringe every time I walked up to it. It wouldn't be the first ugly vehicle I've used, that's for sure.

Taycan looks way better in person than on the net but I still don't see myself ever spending $100K+ for any car. I also believe Tesla cars are too expensive and I'm a shareholder. I guess that works out better for me as long as I don't have to buy one. I've seen a few Mach-E Mustangs on the road around Chicagoland and they look nice. Mustang owners complaining about this reminds me of when Porsche released the Cayenne in 2003 and 911 customers complained. Porsche did not put 911 in the name of the Cayenne but the front does look 911ish. Ford owns the Mustang brand so that word as it relates to cars is ultimately what Ford says it is.

0 to 100 miles an hour in 4 seconds.

Elon is correct here.

'Delete It': Elon Musk Slams Biden's Build Back Better Bill

Back