How to blow up the internet, with 1 tweet

I've not been a big Kanye fan as I don't like his music...

I actually do like a couple of his earlier songs.
However, I always try to keep the music separate from the personality, otherwise I would probably own half a dozen records instead of several thousand. For example, I still listen to the Smiths despite Morrissey being far more objectionable than Kanye West will ever be.

As far as West's personality goes, he's possibly the biggest pop-twat in a generation (I consider Morrissey previous generation). Watch his Glastonbury performance from the other year for a glimpse into the Kanye ego-hole.

His liking for Trump isn't much of a surprise to me either as they have similarly high opinions of themselves and both seem to have the misguided idea that their mouthy, look-at-how-much-of-an-areshole-I-can-be personas make them pioneers of some bold new dawn in their respective fields.

Of course, this is all subjective; both have millions upon millions of gushing, adoring fans who think they can do no wrong so they must be doing *something* right.
:jerry:

Rolling Stone: Why Kanye West's Pro-Trump Tweets Are a Real Threat

"Kayne joining the likes of the tiki-torch–clutching white supremacists who stormed Charlottesville in the promotion of what that hat and the man behind it symbolizes."

"The inconvenient truth is that there are a number of black people more interested in enjoying the perks of white privilege than in leveling the playing field for us all."

Rolling Stone: Why Kanye West's Pro-Trump Tweets Are a Real Threat

"Kayne joining the likes of the tiki-torch–clutching white supremacists who stormed Charlottesville in the promotion of what that hat and the man behind it symbolizes."

"The inconvenient truth is that there are a number of black people more interested in enjoying the perks of white privilege than in leveling the playing field for us all."

What a load of pish.
Kanye West has been a twat for as long as he's been famous but suddenly these twats are all turning on him because he supports another twat?
This is why we can't have nice things (and are stuck with representative democracy); too many twats in the world.

Kanye West Condemns Black America’s Allegiance to the Democrat ‘Plantation’ in Song ‘Ye vs. the People’

The fiery track, “Ye vs the People,” sees the Chicago crooner in a back-in-forth lyrical debate about the merits of thinking freely and the political and economic state of black Americans, as well as addressing the fallout from West’s seeming embrace of President Donald Trump, with actor-rapper T.I.

“Then one day I was like, ‘{bleep} it, I’ma do me, I was in the sunken place and then I found the new me,” West says to a defensive T.I. “Not worried about some image that I gotta keep up. Lot of people agree with me, but they too scared to speak up.”

“See that’s the problem with this damn nation. All blacks gotta be Democrats, man, we ain’t made it off the plantation,” West argues.

The true racists are showing their stripes.

NPR Headline Calls Kanye West a ‘Colored Boy’

NPR deployed 1840s-style racism in a headline that ran over the weekend.

The article, titled “For Colored Boys Who’ve Considered Career Suicide When Good Music Wasn’t Enough,” refers to megastar Kayne West, who broke the Internet last week tweeting out strong support for President Trump and a rejection of Democrat victimhood policies toward black Americans.

The article by Rodney Carmichael, a black writer, laments Kanye for not towing the party line by coming forward to support Trump. Carmichael works as a hip-hop journalist for NPR, a network with possibly the whitest audience in existence.

DcC_4oaU8AAML38.jpg

Kanye meeting with Candice Owens and Charlie Kirk yesterday

Back