Is the new Fiat 500 a girly car?

smithy said:
I like the new Fiat 500: cheap, fuel efficient, and it has a cool retro look, especially the interior. But maybe it's a bit girly.. what do you think?
2009 Ford Ka is based on the Fiat 500 chassis.
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

Offical specs and engines are coming this fall in Paris. Likely the engines are the same as they're coming out of the same plant. A bit large but here's the interior.. http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autob ... 8/ka_3.jpg

smithy said:
I like the new Fiat 500: cheap, fuel efficient, and it has a cool retro look, especially the interior. But maybe it's a bit girly.. what do you think?
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

Offical specs and engines are coming this fall in Paris. Likely the engines are the same as they're coming out of the same plant. A bit large but here's the interior.. http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autob ... 8/ka_3.jpg

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

I do like the inside (I like the funky retro look)... however the exterior looks remarkably similar to GM's Corsa:

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

I do like the inside (I like the funky retro look)... however the exterior looks remarkably similar to GM's Corsa:

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

faethor said:
smithy said:
2009-Ford-Ka-Off.jpg

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

[/img]

FluffyMcDeath said:
It has the rep here of being a ladies car. I don't see it. They're a very stiff ride for one thing, and they don't have much luggage room. I've wanted one for years (used to have a triumph spitfire but got tired of putting money into it and wanted something more reliable). I was looking for a cheap old 1990 so I'd have money left over to ... um modify it :twisted: but I took the wife out shopping and she say this 99 and liked it so I was "allowed" to buy it.

I don't think that's the case here. It's highly regarded for the handling, so I think it's gained respect amongst all drivers.

FluffyMcDeath said:
It has the rep here of being a ladies car. I don't see it. They're a very stiff ride for one thing, and they don't have much luggage room. I've wanted one for years (used to have a triumph spitfire but got tired of putting money into it and wanted something more reliable). I was looking for a cheap old 1990 so I'd have money left over to ... um modify it :twisted: but I took the wife out shopping and she say this 99 and liked it so I was "allowed" to buy it.

I don't think that's the case here. It's highly regarded for the handling, so I think it's gained respect amongst all drivers.

FluffyMcDeath said:

FluffyMcDeath said:

FluffyMcDeath said:

FluffyMcDeath said:

Oct at the Paris autoshow is supposed to reveal the Fiat 500 SS. The 133HP car is turbocharged to 160HP, dual exhaust, special wheels and provided with limited slip.

Oct at the Paris autoshow is supposed to reveal the Fiat 500 SS. The 133HP car is turbocharged to 160HP, dual exhaust, special wheels and provided with limited slip.

Back