Limbaugh: Contraception advocate should post online sex videos

Who is Bill Maher, and why should I care about him?
he's a real comedian (as opposed to a douchebag like rush who isn't funny at all), although i wouldn't say he's "wildly popular". Colbert and Stuart are "wildly popular".
And the reason Maher is a real comedian in case anyone needs a definition one reason is that Maher does Stand Up. rush has never stood up in front of crowd and tried to make then laugh. because he would fail.

His best work is in this film he made about how stupid religion is.

a bit of looking around you tube will yield a few more scenes. I saw it on cable and it was logical and reasoned AND funny.

I don't agree with everything he says but he's not a horrible mess. He's had a few shows over the years the topic mostly being politics. I can say he is WAAAAY more informed than morons like rush, but then so is my pencil...so it's not a fair comparison. maher is quite knowledgeable.

but must be made more equal than men
what an asshole. How is wanting to choose MY life and MY interests and try to excel in MY career trying to be "More" equal?

I don't tell or care what others do in their life as long as they don't prevent ME from living MY life. I just want to be left alone. people like you just hate that I have an opinion and refuse to be your slave.

fu*k you

No, he called Palin and Bachmann dumb cunts, nowhere that I saw in that video did I hear it being aimed at "conservative women" beyond those two. Yes, the gendered insults were unnecessary and bang out of line. It also took away from whatever he was going to say (which is left deliberately unclear due to the quote mining), but are you really going to argue that either Palin or Bachmann are anything other than a couple of complete tools?.

So if Limbaugh had just called Fluke a "dumb cunt" instead of a "slut" it would have been OK, because Fluke is a "complete tool"!?!

So if Limbaugh had just called Fluke a "dumb cunt" instead of a "slut" it would have been OK, because Fluke is a "complete tool"!?!

Whoosh.

Guess you missed the part about two of them being public figures with more money in their accounts than the whole of Whyzzat over the course of our lifetimes could amass verses a member of the public.

And no, it still wouldn't have been acceptable, any more than it was Maher against Palin and Bachmann.

But he didn't do that, did he? No he demanded that a member of the public provide him with sextapes for daring to ask that contraception be included in insurance...

I've laughed at Bill Maher before but can't say I've ever enjoyed a jobby dinner.
Then again, I've never tried it before - would you recommend it?

I never thought Bill Maher was funny, but since you have actually laughed at Bill Maher, that is a sign that you probably would enjoy it. I would personally recommend you avoid both, but I'm not someone who actually has to try something myself to decide its distasteful, but if you were to try it and recommend it, ... well then bon appetit

No he demanded that a member of the public provide him with sextapes for daring to ask that contraception be included in insurance...

Whoosh! Maher objectified Palin and Bachman, calling them MILFs and remaking about their breasts. Strangely this is OK with you and obviously Cecilia.

what an asshole. How is wanting to choose MY life and MY interests and try to excel in MY career trying to be "More" equal?

I don't tell or care what others do in their life as long as they don't prevent ME from living MY life. I just want to be left alone. people like you just hate that I have an opinion and refuse to be your slave.

fu*k you

Are you drunk or just stupid? I think I will take door #2.

palin and bachman are public figures having run for public office. all such people get "abused" in one sense or another.
it's part of the deal when one is trying to get elected. people examine what you say. I don't care if these people are women.

btw, I have never made any comments about say, Laura Bush's features. she isn't running for office. In fact, I'm not offended by her and she's probably an ok person. I think her husband is an idiot but he WAS running for office.

Fluke is a private citizen who is NOT running for public office. she TESTIFIED for Congress about someone she knew who - because that person was unable to get the proper medical services ended up with unnecessary operation and missing an ovary. She wasn't talking about herself. She was attempting to help people NOT have to endure such a horrible experience. Fluke actually thinks other women ARE important to society. Imagine that!

Attacking a private citizen in such a despicable manner simply proves once again what a piece of shit rush is.

Guess you missed the part about two of them being public figures with more money in their accounts than the whole of Whyzzat over the course of our lifetimes could amass verses a member of the public.

Guess you missed the part where 30 yr old Georgetown law student and reproductive rights activist Miss Fluke was chosen by Democrats to give expert testimony to a congressional committee on the issue of contraception.

Miss Fluke doesn’t have enough money to buy birth control pills, but she’s currently on spring break in California with her boyfriend, the son of Democrat William Mutterperl, who has made at least 56 donations to Democratic candidates and organizations. Despite claiming that it is too financially taxing for her to afford contraception, Miss Fluke some how has been able to travel across the country and make numerous media appearances, and is being represented by by the firm SKDKnickerbocker, where Anita Dunn, the former Obama communications director now is the managing director. So far Miss Fluke has appeared on eight national news programs

Whoosh! Maher objectified Palin and Bachman, calling them MILFs and remarking about their breasts.

Sorry, didn't catch that, I'll take your word that it was in there, but with it cutting to this that and the other it was kinda hard to follow. Being on a very tight bandwidth limit I'm not really up for redownloading it to check.

And yes, I do feel it is wrong that women are being objectified in this manner. You know me (or at least I had hoped) well enough to know I wouldn't stand for it regardless was saying it.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Limbaugh demanded that a member of the public (not a public figure, not a politician or anyone else likely to have some expectation of being attacked in such a manner or by someone so influential) and demanded this woman provide him (and everyone else) with sex tapes.

What are you trying to say exactly? It's ok because "the other side does it too"? Or that Limbaugh was less wrong because this guy Maher has said lesser, but similar shit in the past?

Because if this nobody (Limbaugh is known, as is John Stewart, Maher on the other hand isn't even a blip over here) is the best you can come up with, you're in big trouble fellas.

Strangely this is OK with you and obviously Cecilia.

You remember how I deliberately took the time to separate the various groups so as to explain myself more clearly, rather than fall back to stereotypes so as to avoid unnecessary offence?

I'd appreciate the same consideration.

Guess you missed the part where 30 yr old Georgetown law student and reproductive rights activist Miss Fluke was chosen by Democrats to give expert testimony to a congressional committee on the issue of contraception.

How does that make her being asked to testify about anything make her any less of a member of the public?

<snip>

Despite claiming that it is too financially taxing for her to afford contraception

You've read her speech I take it then?

Didn't think so.

So far Miss Fluke has appeared on eight national news programs

At whose expense?

The interesting thing that link brought up was this:

his 4 day long misogynistic attack on a Georgetown coed.

I knew from TYT that he'd gone after her twice, I didn't realise he'd gone after her again after that?

faethor said something today which I think sums up the situation quite nicely in another thread:

The reason you don't see it in the MSM is like always news reporters are given permission on a story by right-wing editors. And the right-wing editors are responsible to make their right-wing bosses and their even farther right-wing bosses bosses look good. They know covering this is far more harmful to the right-wing than ignoring it.

I knew from TYT that he'd gone after her twice, I didn't realize he'd gone after her again after that?
apparently. needless to say I don't listen to fat douchebag's radio show but his comments were reported and discussed several days in a row on other programs (TV).

now, one of the habits on radio shows is to repeat your "bits" or topics of conversations over several shows because you don't assume everyone is listening to Every show. It's not like rush invented this.

however, after the first day and the first wave of reactions you do have to ask yourself why he continued. He probably thought it was good for the ratings and truth be damned. well, he always avoids truth anyway.

Real Time with Bill Maher correspondent, Alexandra Pelosi interviews Mississippi residents.
to give you an idea of what he does this was shown on Maher's TV show.

Back