Limbaugh: Contraception advocate should post online sex videos

Not much boomerang here. More of a parry but not one with much legs I don't think - besides Maher is much more deserving of criticism here than Olberman but neither of those guys have the influence and power of Rush in converting vacuous people into voters for a party.

Rush Drags Right-Wing Radio Over the Cliff in Massive Sponsor Exodus

oooppps!
Ninety-eight major advertisers—including Ford and Geico—will no longer air spots on Premiere Networks’ ‘offensive’ programs. Insiders say the loss will rock right-wing talk radio.
According to John Avlon of The Daily Beast, the entire clown car of rabid rightwing radio firebreathers getting dragged down by Rush Limbaugh goes well beyond His Lumpiness ...
:lol:

Rush Limbaugh Spurns Plea by Ex-Advertiser to Be Accepted Back

The one overwhelming fact is that Limbaugh commands many millions of listeners. There is no evidence that any of them have stopped listening because of the kerfuffle with Sandra Fluke. Indeed, one suspects that Limbaugh has gained listeners, curious about what the fuss is all about. As long as the show maintains its listener base, it does not matter if any advertisers bail on Limbaugh for political reasons. There will always be others who will want to take their place, because it is good business to advertise on the most listened to radio talk show on the planet.

The situation demonstrates the power of the marketplace over politically inspired efforts to drive an iconic conservative radio voice off the air. Once again Limbaugh has defeated his enemies and has humbled them into the dust.

I'm not for nor against Limbaugh FWIW. I just find humor in completely hypocritical lefties worked to a froth and losing again.

Limbaugh has defeated his enemies and has humbled them into the dust.

He has?

Even within the scope of the far right, they're viewing what him as poison, with people trying to distance themselves left and right?

Or at least, that's how it looks over here.

He has?

Even within the scope of the far right, they're viewing what him as poison, with people trying to distance themselves left and right?

Or at least, that's how it looks over here.
sure, because "Ninety-eight major advertisers—including Ford and Geico" saying goodbye to mr douchebag means nothing :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

frankly, I don't care about idiots like drug-addled rush.

I'm more concerned by women hatting - and human hating creatures who want to change laws to remove human rights. This idiot thinks he's a doctor because he once worked on a farm.

Georgia Lawmaker Compares Women to Cows and Pigs

From "Right to Refuse" to "Right to Obstruct:" Kansas and Nebraska Seek to Dramatically Expand Power Over Patients

This whole episode really does highlight the double standard at play, not only in the media but on Whyzzat. (Liberal)Women are equal, but must be made more equal than men (and conservative women).

Hell, I joked about Clinton liking fat interns and certain Whyzzat members pretended to be upset that I mentioned a woman's weight. OTOH one of our female members stock attack against men she doesn't like to to insult their penis size, which gets the typical giddy Whyzzat approval.

This whole episode really does highlight the double standard at play, not only in the media but on Whyzzat. (Liberal)Women are equal, but must be made more equal than men (and conservative women).

Err, swing and a miss there sweetheart.

Right now, there is a veritable war going on directed at women, lead by right wing men (I'd say conservative, but from what I can tell most people who label themselves conservative think some/many of the laws being brought out are downright retarded).

When was the last time your state attempted to sanction the rape of men, for instance? Or deny you access to information about your body about deadly illnesses?

When this shit stops, then, and only then can you legitimately say that women are held equally by society, much less more than equal.

Hell, I joked about Clinton liking fat interns and certain Whyzzat members pretended to be upset that I mentioned a woman's weight.

Uhuh.

OTOH one of our female members stock attack against men she doesn't like to to insult their penis size, which gets the typical giddy Whyzzat approval.

Last I checked, large parts of society didn't view men's looks as their sole virtue.

pigboy-Illustrated_3.jpg

fawwkinggg ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! but lol!!

Err, swing and a miss there sweetheart.

Right now, there is a veritable war going on directed at women, lead by right wing men (I'd say conservative, but from what I can tell most people who label themselves conservative think some/many of the laws being brought out are downright retarded).

Huh? What? What TV show told you to think that?

Huh? What? What TV show told you to think that?

Gods I wish it were a TV show.

Actually on this one I tend to use you as my benchmark for conservativism in the US. You're prone to hyperbole on some issues, but when it comes right down to it will call a spade a spade on most things.

Over in Virginia they passed their ultrasound bill, with a last minute modification meaning that a woman could opt for an abdominal ultrasound rather than a transvaginal one after it was pointed out it would amount to state mandated rape, similar laws are now in place in 8 other states. This is a wholly political requirement being imposed by republican states on women which has no medical benefit.

Given your outrage at government interference with healthcare, I can't really see you agreeing to the above.

But there's more: In Arizona, they've passed a bill that would allow doctors to not provide information that might cause the woman in question to opt for an abortion, including but not limited to: The mother to be having a heart defect that would kill her to attempt to carry to term or have an ectopic pregnancy etc. Quite literally this will end up killing people.

You have said on so many occasions that people have to take responsibility that it's almost become a mantra, you and I might interpret it in different ways, but the bottom line is that without adequate information, how can a person take responsibility?

Over the past few years dozens of such laws have been put up, extra roadblocks to getting access to vital services (trying to shut down planned parenthood, for instance), pharmacists refusing to honour prescriptions for contraceptives and on and on.

It's real, it's happening now and whilst you might dismiss it all as "lefty liberal commie nonsense", how well is your economy going to do if as a result of these combined efforts, the effect is to shut out 50% of your potential workforce from the market? How's that recovery going to do then?

Do you really want your daughter to grow up in a country that holds the belief, and the legislation to back it up, that her sole worth is her capacity to breed? There is a reason I used phrases like Christian Taliban and Teahadists - they're the ones behind it and they've been working towards this ever since Reagan's team gave them a voice.

And that is why I was careful to make the distinction between conservative and far right loons like Limbaugh and his ilk. How many times have you said on these very forums that the GOP has ceased to represent you? (Not that the Dems would represent you any better, to be fair).

Who is Bill Maher, and why should I care about him?

You could say he is the left's version of Limbaugh. He's wildly popular with the leftists and misogynistic remarks are par for the course. Of course he attacks conservative women so you have never heard any outrage. Like I said suggested earlier in the thread, the double standard at play is obvious and open. The left has control of the media and uses it as a political tool.

Of course there is a bigger picture here. The liberal mainstream media has people arguing over whether a commentator made a rude remark against an insignificant person, keeping focus away from more important issues such as the recent articles of impeachment against Obama. That will have another thread of its own.

You could say he is the left's version of Limbaugh.

Uhuh, so yours and metalman's rebuttal to Limbaugh is a masterclass in quote mining... Ok..

He's wildly popular with the leftists and misogynistic remarks are par for the course.

From him or the left, bare in mind who you're responding to.

Of course he attacks conservative women so you have never heard any outrage.

No, he called Palin and Bachmann dumb cunts, nowhere that I saw in that video did I hear it being aimed at "conservative women" beyond those two. Yes, the gendered insults were unnecessary and bang out of line. It also took away from whatever he was going to say (which is left deliberately unclear due to the quote mining), but are you really going to argue that either Palin or Bachmann are anything other than a couple of complete tools?

Like I said suggested earlier in the thread, the double standard at play is obvious and open. The left has control of the media and uses it as a political tool.

Where is my double standard? And the "left" begin in control of the media, what a laugh!

Of course there is a bigger picture here. The liberal mainstream media has people arguing over whether a commentator made a rude remark against an insignificant person,

Or it could just be that the Mainstream media considers that a massively influential radio host, whose opinions sway large chunks of public opinion is grossly abusing his position when such vitriol is aimed not at a hugely wealthy public figure, but a member of the public.

Also, gendered insults (which are bang out of order), verses demanding that a member of the public voicing her opinion should put up sex tapes for daring to suggest that contraception be included in insurance packages.

If that's the best you can come up with, I have to say I'm not going to worry too much.

keeping focus away from more important issues such as the recent articles of impeachment against Obama. That will have another thread of its own.

Won't go anywhere, because the Republicans know full well the blowback would eat them alive.

Back