Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

they're charging him with using a WMD ... after all the people we killed, in that whole big ass country called iraq; george bush could find not one pressure cooker...
That's some serious moving of goal posts. From mushroom clouds to pressure cookers.

"Your bombs are WMDs: our bombs are peacemakers."

they're charging him with using a WMD ... after all the people we killed, in that whole big ass country called iraq; george bush could find not one pressure cooker...
They should charge the capitalists in Texas whose unlicensed ammonia tank blew up, killing 14, instead of 4, with WMDs. They made conscious decisions to not follow the law and not have proper safety equipment.

They should charge the capitalists in Texas whose unlicensed ammonia tank blew up, killing 14, instead of 4, with WMDs. They made conscious decisions to not follow the law and not have proper safety equipment.
I fully agree. Those guys deserve to be put away for a long time.

That's some serious moving of goal posts. From mushroom clouds to pressure cookers.

"Your bombs are WMDs: our bombs are peacemakers."
I agree that's a poor choice of words, but we must remember that when Bush used the phrase it was purely political (and meant to be scary). This now has a legal meaning that's specifically defined and will need to stand up in court. I take it the "mass destruction" refers to the intended targets rather than the capability of the device.

I take it the "mass destruction" refers to the intended targets rather than the capability of the device.
Weapons of mass destruction is a term that should be reserved for nuclear weapons. In mere chemical explosions mass is always conserved.:cool:

Weapons of mass destruction used to be a coverall for ABC weapons: Atomic, Biological and Chemical. Anything else is classed as a conventional weapon, or used to be.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

Weapons of mass destruction is a term that should be reserved for nuclear weapons. In mere chemical explosions mass is always conserved.:cool:
And Atheists cuz we hate Christians we want to make sure Mass is destructed.

well i heard two of the heads on msnbc equivocating and read something on another thread that boils down to "mass killings">=4. so a weapon of "mass" destruction is anything that can kill 4 or more people... well... that would include even a revolver.... and every solid fist sized rock i ever saw...sticks, bats, animal bones... our ancestors killed each other with a lot of stuff... (im an animal ,what else can i say but grunk!?)...funny part is.. greatest weapon of mass destruction is an uneducated or corrupt human... and you just can't legislate that...

I'm guessing the "WMD" is a semantic. Putting him on trial for murder 1 would likely end the same way.

I'm guessing the "WMD" is a semantic. Putting him on trial for murder 1 would likely end the same way.

Very true although these semantics do have a slight whiff of hysteria about them.

83% white
Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology...“ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.”

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...acism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

actually, I heard about this correction almost immediately. Although, don't ask me exactly when...it's been a busy week

The correction came up on Reddit even before they'd found the younger brother, it was announced in one of the hourly briefings iirc.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

Dzhokhar had no gun when he was captured.
A lot of the press and online people were talking about how these brothers were suicide bombers. Which made no sense. They didn't stick around and die in their own explosions. And when the cops came they fought back and ran. If you want to die to run at the cops shooting, not away.

In part I blame the 24 hour news day. To better ensure profits the press wants to always be first. In being first the press has been doing a very lack luster verification of facts. It's almost better to check in once a week after what the press saying has been fact checked.

Apparently the Social media suspected bomber. Tripathi, is now dead. They found him in a river and didn't release the cause of death. I'm one of the first to not trust the cops. But, social media is social media. Often more akin to little old lady's tea parties talking smack about neighbors than a useful resource.

Back