Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

I thought the elder brother had a suicide vest on when was shot?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

The correction came up on Reddit even before they'd found the younger brother, it was announced in one of the hourly briefings iirc.

I'm never on reddit but I seem to recall hearing it on TV, strange as that sounds

I'm never on reddit but I seem to recall hearing it on TV, strange as that sounds

I have to say that the regular briefings that were given by the police were very welcome, a couple of times they corrected claims made by the press where mistakes had been made (I'm looking at you CNN) with regard fairly important developments. I had live feeds of the police scanners going as well as later on local radio throughout the day so I can well believe you hearing about it on the news.

lol, CNN is another source I never listen to, but yes, I recall hearing directly from police....so that makes sense

Just like the bin Ladens, family is interesting. Uncle Ruslan has ties to CIA and bank fraud.
Samantha Fuller married Ruslan in the mid 1990s and they divorced in 1999. Graham Fuller retired from the CIA in 1987. Claiming there's a link there is amazingly weak.

And most of that article goes to great lengths to paint Misha as a fictitious character. You know, the sort of thing a CIA operative would do to throw everyone on the wrong path. Except that Misha is real and has already been interviewed and cleared. Boston bombing: Mysterious 'Misha' turns up in Rhode Island

MadCow indeed. Is simple fact checking too much to ask? :rolleyes:

Except that Misha is real and has already been interviewed and cleared. Boston bombing: Mysterious 'Misha' turns up in Rhode Island
:rolleyes:

lol... he said he has been interviewed and cleared... the FBI did not...

excerpt:
“I’ve been cooperating entirely with the FBI. I gave them my computer and my phone and everything. I wanted to show I haven’t done anything. And they said they are about to return them to me. And the agents who talked told me they are about to close my case,” he said.

“We liked him a lot at first glance, and soon invited him home,” she said. “Misha had a talent to speak about things, especially Islam, in a manner that made you sit still and listen to him with an open mouth. And Tamerlan looked up to him the same way too. “

Tsarnaev’s uncle Ruslan Tsarni has painted Misha's influence on his nephew in less charitable terms, saying the young man’s father was resentful of the time his son spent with Misha and felt that he “took his brain away.”

hmmm... nothing to see here... just like when they interviewed and cleared the two brothers...;)

very convincing... when a "former" (cough cough) cia agent who went to work for the RAND corporation comes forward; and tells me, from his office down the street from the bombings, "that these aren't the droids i'm looking for" i will believe him, for those two organizations ooze credibility....
About as convincing as some random person posting on the web?

Look, you should be able to tell when someone is honestly offering useful facts and when one is cherry picking facts to support an agenda. Reading Fluffy's link one can easily jump to the conclusion that it's all a CIA plot, after all, what are the odds that Ruslan would marry the daughter of an active CIA agent? Omitting the bits that Graham quit working for the CIA well before his daughter married Ruslan does kinda take away from that shocking insight, so ya, let's just omit that for full conspiratory effect (yep, that's a new word, I just invented it). Well, sorry, but clearly who ever wrote this is taking steps to deceive his readers. If you wanna dig deep into the facts in search of truth you gotta divulge ALL the facts otherwise you look like someone who's not interested in truth.

As for Misha, you're right, he wasn't actually cleared, that was my bad. I read a headline that they made three new arrests in that case, maybe he's one of them, I don't know. I'll have to go read it now. Still, my point was that the article went to great lengths to make him look fictitious and yet, he's real.

you had me at halliburton... bwahahaha!

http://www.madcowprod.com/2013/04/2...-ruslan-was-halliburton-contractor/#more-3643

excerpt:

"It seemed too good to be true. And it was."
Wow, he must be guilty of something. Btw, my good friend that I've known for many years, his sister married a notorious gangster. Guess that probably means I'm a gangster too since I know them all. :eek:

But wait, guilt by association only applies if you're associated with the FBI or CIA. If he was going to an al-Qaeda dominated mosque, well, that's not proof, let him go! Gotcha.

Reading Fluffy's link one can easily jump to the conclusion that it's all a CIA plot,
Not so much a plot, but a mess. The CIA has links with terrorists and uses them and stuff happens and sometimes there's blowback. There is no single smokey star chamber running everything - there are many working for their own ends often against each other but there are relations between them and fighting within them. International affairs is more of a soap opera. It runs the way it always has on all the scales it always has. International relations are like gang turf wars, the politics of the kings of Europe, the Emperors and Caliphs of old. It's Hayfields versus McCoys.

Omitting the bits that Graham quit working for the CIA ...
Like Cheney quit working for Haliburton before he became vice president, etc. Like Bush senior quite working for the CIA before he became vice president and then president. Like all those guys who quit working as lawyers and bankers before taking positions in the federal government and then quit working for the federal government before taking positions on company boards etc.
You can't cut people off from their pasts like that. People retain relationships, especially useful ones. Besides, if you aer leaving the CIA and going to RAND then you aren't exactly leaving the industry. About half of what RAND does is classified.

Wow, he must be guilty of something. Btw, my good friend that I've known for many years, his sister married a notorious gangster. Guess that probably means I'm a gangster too since I know them all. :eek:

But wait, guilt by association only applies if you're associated with the FBI or CIA. If he was going to an al-Qaeda dominated mosque, well, that's not proof, let him go! Gotcha.

well that would be even more disconcerting considering fbi and cia intimacy through out the years with various arms of al qaeda based primarily on our needing to secure natural resource theft routes... that'd be the tri fecta of cause for concern... and lo and behold we have all of those... what a coincidence!! i can't wait to see how many more unusual peculiarities await commonalization with all these other coincidences we already have... u know... ur probably right... just because some one hangs with al quaeda people or cia folks, or dhs or whatever, or your their son or daughter, or child of a family friend... doesn't mean they are being radicalized by that organization, in fact i bet few of their children ever discuss politics at all, having been neutrally affected cough cough" mika "

Back