Watching the DNC

Cecilia, the real numbers came out this morning and this is what they really show.
96,000 jobs added in August.
368,000 people fell off the edge of the world when they were dropped from the August unemployment figures. That is more than double Obama's 12 month 168,916 average.

And for those in the Euro zone that are confused by these numbers, this is what being dropped from the unemployment roles really mean.

In order to be considered unemployed, you have to be collecting monthly unemployment benefits. When those benefits run out, you are no longer considered unemployed. That is how the unemployment % rate can drop without actually improving the job numbers.

Don't ask a Democrat or Canadian on this web site to tell you the truth about these numbers, because it is not in their DNA!

In order to be considered unemployed, you have to be collecting monthly unemployment benefits. When those benefits run out, you are no longer considered unemployed. That is how the unemployment % rate can drop without actually improving the job numbers.
And that is why Republicans would have decreased the unemployment rate sooner. They didn't want to extend the benefits. I'm sure they'd like to bring the unemployment rate down to zero by getting rid of such entitlements altogether.

But of course that isn't how unemployment is measured. The unemployment rate is determined statistically through a number of methods including surveys of households. The definition of unemployed in the US is quite similar to the definition used in other industrialized nations; to wit:

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Persons who were not working and were waiting to be recalled to a job from which they had been temporarily laid off are also included as unemployed. Receiving benefits from the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program has no bearing on whether a person is classified as unemployed.
(emphasis mine)

This is directly from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics which produces the official unemployment rate. Even though Fade admits that official government websites are available to him, do not expect him to read or understand them - it is not in his DNA.

The idea of a labor union, is to screw those not in the Union.
You live in a union. You know what the U in USA stands for, right? Perhaps the union of states WAS created to screw the rest of the world. It can certainly look like that to foreigners when the US tanks roll up to the well heads that used to pay for their country's infrastructure.
But the union was created for the benefit of the states of the union, not the detriment of the other states in the world.

Nice try McDeath, but linking to a home page URL to try to back up your assertions won't work.
I got my figures from inside that web site where you hope nobody will try to find them.
Here are the actual numbers.

Not in labor force
July 2011--- 86,313,000
July 2012--- 88,340,000
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
........................-2,027,000

2,027,000 / 12 months = 168,916 monthly average.

And here is the actual page.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_08032012.htm

This is what I mean when I say that the truth is not in your DNA.

Nice try McDeath, but linking to a home page URL to try to back up your assertions won't work.
It's not a link to the home page. Maybe it really is true that you can't access certain web sites or your browser is broken. The link is to the Labor Force Statistics page and specifically the anchor tag for the definition of unemployment as quoted for you in my post. It differs notably from the definition of unemployed that you gave.
I got my figures from inside that web site where you hope nobody will try to find them.
I was not disputing numbers. I was disputing your completely erroneous definition and the ironic juxtaposition of your claims that it is other people who have problem with the truth.

I really don't have a problem with the things you get right, but your definition of unemployment was flat out wrong and that's a fact.

Ok I'm slow, out of the loop and behind the times. What's with up Jerusalem being the capital of Israel?!? How does that factor into the DNC? What am I missing? And when can I go home? Um, never mind that last one...

Ok I'm slow, out of the loop and behind the times. What's with up Jerusalem being the capital of Israel?!? How does that factor into the DNC? What am I missing? And when can I go home? Um, never mind that last one...
It's the all important "Jewish" vote - by which they really Jewish money, because that's what is important for running campaigns and, while individuals Jews vote for whichever party they like, 50% of billionaires are Jewish and that block tends to be very pro-Israel. You want funding, you gotta suck up and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel (instead of Tel Aviv) helps cement the Torah claim to that city as the center of Israel and therefore the claim to greater Israel. It also appeals (at least they hope it will) to the Christian Zionists who hope that the re-establishment of the state of Israel with Jerusalem its capital will bring Jesus back to take his faithful to their reward (and, incidentally, kill all the Jews who don't convert to Christianity - a risk the Zionist Jews are willing to take).

The idea of a labor union, is to screw those not in the Union..
The idea out of any union is to support the union. The Union of States did this when they formed the USA. The union of the Board of Directors for businesses does this. The union formed by boy scouts and girl scouts does this. Labor exercising their Constitutional Right of Freedom to Assemble does this too.

redrumloa said:
Why do you support organized crime
The answer is, of course I don't. Like any other crime we must build the case, bring them to trial and convict accordingly. Remember that Congress should make no law abridging the right for people to peacefully assemble. People should have the right to assemble in how they best see fit. The ability for Labor to Assemble equalizes the power between the rich dictatorial business owners and the workers. If people feel their bosses are being unfair or creating unsafe work environments it's an option on how to ensure the work environment. Though yeah I'll give you any power anywhere is corruptable. There are bad Unions and there are bad bosses.

Now onto the jobs question. An option to not saving the auto industry would be to let it go. GM's demise would have been bad for not only hundreds of thousands of auto employees it would have taken out Ford and had major impact on the foreign auto manufacturers here in the USA. Ford could take a loan on their own because the industry was shored up and because the Gov promised to back the loan. The plus is the Gov didn't have to kick out monies for Ford, but should they have failed we likely would have. If one wants the USA to be in the manufacturing industry we need the auto industry. ... Again back to the hundreds of thousands of works impacted - we'd be in a depression. This was avoided. Though I'd like to see company size limited and GM perhaps split apart. We should have no single company that if it fails the industry fails. That always puts our nation at risk. One of Obama's failing has been his lack of follow up to ensure limitations so this won't happen again. Had he been a liberal there might be something done there.

Save for the pesky 22nd Amendment -- Bill Clinton right now would be
running for his sixth term. - Walter Shapiro, first funny thing he's ever written

DemoCon Night Two's Best Tweets

http://www.bartcop.com/

unions-kid-factory_n.jpg

Tropicana Field in Florida - hosts baseball games. Baseball players are in an Union. Hockey games, again unionized. They host special nights during the games honoring Credit Unions. The labor to build the stadium was unionized. Tropicana (the company that bought the naming rights) uses Unions in various of it's businesses. The police are in a union. ... The RNC basically couldn't be held in Florida if the RNC stood fast and said 'no union involvement'.

Back