Pedophilia is a sexual orientation

metalman

Reaction score
"the true mark of a society is how it treats the weakest in its ranks. Blacks, women, Latinos, gays and lesbians, and others are still in no way on wholly equal footing in America. But they’re also not nearly as lowly and cursed as men attracted to children. One imagines that if Jesus ever came to Earth, he’d embrace the poor, the blind, the lepers, and, yes, the pedophiles. As a self-professed “progressive,” when I think of the world I’d like to live in, I like to imagine that one day I’d be OK with a man like Terry moving next door to me and my children."

"It started with him [Terry} walking around the house naked with an erection, making sure to amble past his niece and inspire her curiosity. After doing that a couple times, Terry began to masturbate with the door open. When his niece would come to watch, Terry would tell her that what they were doing was a secret that she couldn't tell anyone"

"... there is a growing number of researchers, many of them out of Canada, whose work suggests that pedophilia is an illness deserving of the public’s sympathy the way any brain disorder is. Some of the scientists say pedophilia is a sexual orientation, meaning that it’s unchangeable."

Sympathy and Science for Those Who Want to Have Sex with Children

it's Science!

Members of this very site (left leaning) agree with this IIRC. There was article some time ago about making pedophilia a disability so child molesters could get free money (disability).

Is this is what the American left has become? They get warm fuzzies about child molesters? Become a monster and diddle little kids so you never have to work again. I guess.. The American left has been embracing child molesters and child rapists for years (Michael Jackson, Roman Polanski).

Well if it's not an illness, what is it? What drives it and why do poeple engage in it? Sorry, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some of us would like to make it...

Members of this very site (left leaning) agree with this IIRC.

well some of it anyway. the science behind it is incredibly sound and voluminous.

There was article some time ago about making pedophilia a disability so child molesters could get free money (disability).

yeah as opposed to housing them in prisons where they get beat up daily or killed, and your point is?

Is this is what the American left has become?

nah just you saying that, we mostly go ewww! lock em up when we hear about it... some even clamor for death

They get warm fuzzies about child molesters?

there you go again, still aint made the jump off the uss ronnie reagan?

Become a monster and diddle little kids so you never have to work again. I guess.. The American left has been embracing child molesters and child rapists for years (Michael Jackson, Roman Polanski).

hmmm... wonder what denomination of voter my catholic neighbors are here in red state kansas... cough cough....

Read the article:
Pedophiles are the new class of victims that progressives want to protect from discrimination in the US..

Canada is filled with awesome progressive scientific sex researchers, while the US is dominated by mean and nasty conservatives who are intolerant of people who want to have sex with prepubescent children, and want them to die in jail

Pedophiles just need to “learn how to manage their desires the way alcoholics do.”

Read the article:
Pedophiles are the new class of victims that progressives want to protect from discrimination in the US..

Canada is filled with awesome progressive scientific sex researchers, while the US is dominated by mean and nasty conservatives who are intolerant of people who want to have sex with prepubescent children, and want them to die in jail

Pedophiles just need to “learn how to manage their desires the way alcoholics do.”

you should read the article... that guy was addicted to meth... and while he screwed up big time, that makes him a sex offender, not a pedophile.
the sandusky case is different, he is, from everything ive read about him and the subject, somebody born with an attraction to children and his brain is hardwired that way. but it isn't even that simple then either. consider this... and forgive me i don't have a percentage for you handy, some victims of molestation grow up to commit the same crimes as were perpetrated upon them. and of them a good deal do it because nobody ever helped them and something made them think it was the norm. is there no pity for them either?

I'd rather Solve a problem.

and sometimes that means stepping back from one's initial emotions and examining the situation.

yes, what sandusky did is horrific. But I'd like to find out his history. can we discover what set this off? was he molested as a child? is it a brain thing?

keeping this a secret where people lay blame and don't figure it out doesn't do anything but continue the problem.

Well if it's not an illness, what is it? What drives it and why do poeple engage in it? Sorry, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some of us would like to make it...

It is called perversion. We have to stop coddling evil behavior. If you don't like the term evil, insert other term.

from everything ive read about him and the subject, somebody born with an attraction to children and his brain is hardwired that way. but it isn't even that simple then either. consider this... and forgive me i don't have a percentage for you handy, some victims of molestation grow up to commit the same crimes as were perpetrated upon them. and of them a good deal do it because nobody ever helped them and something made them think it was the norm. is there no pity for them either?

Have pity for someone who seeks help and never actually harms a child. Once you harm a child, I have no pity for you period. Child molestation ruins people for life.

It is called perversion. We have to stop coddling evil behavior. If you don't like the term evil, insert other term.

itd be nice if it were all that simple. trouble is we fall into the realm of poorly defined terms and failed social constructs. some in your party, red, feel that homosexuality is a perversion or a lifestyle instead of them being born that way. so perversion is probably an over rated term to use here since its been bandied about so much it means almost nothing. evil is another term, used so loosely that it too has lost its real meaning....

Have pity for someone who seeks help and never actually harms a child. Once you harm a child, I have no pity for you period. Child molestation ruins people for life.

according to the state of kansas, drunk driving will ruin your life. should the alcoholic seek help before he get's to that point? sure. i think we can all agree on that. but in reality it doesnt play out that way. why? well because the alcoholic, save exception for the ones deliberately drinking themselves to death, don't think they are doing anything wrong. the sandusky case points to this quite well as in his various statements he assured the world, that no children were harmed by him. and to another point, but along those lines, lets look at other sex crimes, for example statutory rape. in america we have a lack of uniforimity which lends itself to confusion right from the starting gate. idaho is a good example. wanna have sex with a fourteen year old girl? find one that isn't a virgin and it's okay. that seem okay with you? it doesn't to me. it doesn't in a lot of other states either. but a man moving from idaho may not know that that is the law in idaho and hawaii only. kids get put on the sex offender list for sex with other kids sometimes for an age difference of only three years. should a 15 yr old boy be a registered sex offender for life, for having sex with a 13 yr old girl? seems thats right around the exploring sexuality age and now that its criminalized, who helps them through that? if republicans had their way there would be no sex education so your policies don't exactly match your rhetoric. can you imagine what would happen to the first 16 yr old who confessed an attraction for a 14 yr old? no incentive for honest discussion about feelings and emotions deprives people of a viable outlet to get help. bastardizing them hasn't worked, nor has public shaming. as cecilia was so wise to point out, some things are so wholesale offensive that they shake us to our very core, and yet, kneejerk reactionary responses rarely rectify the problems we would purport to solve. so we must stand back, use our good sense and evaluate what is best. what is best, in almost all cases in life, isn't your first desire. i'm currently involved in a case concerning this matter almost scripted straight from these headlines. the guy in question is 24. the girl is a mature 15 who has already been sexually active. adding to the issue is a pregnancy and hepatitis C. drugs were involved. the guy, was 13 and had sex with a 12 yr old and was placed on the sex offender list. his sex life through high school, as well as his life in general were pretty much over. as he saw the list of potential mates diminishing, which population was he left with? this is by no means a defense of them. here in kansas we house them at a security wing of our criminal mental health facility, and as we speak they are constructing another building. i agree with separating them from the herd. i agree with trying to understand the science behind the illness, and i call it an illness, because that's what our society deems an illness. if you do not like the term, get them to add an exception in the definition. the real question here, is what is justice not what is science. if you think justice is a cage and daily beatings for the whole lot of them, i would have to disagree. we have so, so much to learn about the human brain and how it drives mens (humans) will. until we do understand that well enough to make an informed decision, we are left with what we can do... until we all rise up and become better men we will just have to resort to expecting more of ourselves and reliance upon our better angels.

pedotitle2.gif

STATE AGE
Alabama 16
Alaska 16
Arizona 18
Arkansas 16
California 18
Colorado 15
Connecticut 15
D.C. 16
Delaware 16
Florida 16/18 (bill pending)
Georgia 16
Hawaii 14
Idaho 14
Illinois 16/17
Indiana 16
Iowa 18
Kansas 16
Kentucky 16 - [1]
Louisiana 17
Maine 16
Maryland 16
Massachusetts 16/18
Michigan 16
Minnesota 16
Mississippi 16 - [2]
Missouri 17
Montana 16
Nebraska 16
Nevada 16
New Hampshire 16/18
New Jersey 16/18
New Mexico 17
New York 17
North Carolina 16
North Dakota 18
Ohio 16
Oklahoma 16
Oregon 18
Pennsylvania 16
Rhode Island 16
South Carolina 14/16
South Dakota 16
Tennessee 18
Texas 17
Utah 16/18
Vermont 16
Virginia 15
Washington 16
West Virginia 16
Wisconsin 18
Wyoming 16
Puerto Rico 18
FOOTNOTES:
[1]Age 16 if the man is 21 or older.
[2]If the female is over 12, the status applies only to virgins.

http://www.webistry.net/jan/consent.html

21-3522: Unlawful voluntary sexual relations. (a) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations is engaging in voluntary: (1) Sexual intercourse; (2) sodomy; or (3) lewd fondling or touching with a child who is 14 years of age but less than 16 years of age and the offender is less than 19 years of age and less than four years of age older than the child and the child and the offender are the only parties involved and are members of the opposite sex.
(b) (1) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations as provided in subsection (a)(1) is a severity level 8, person felony.
(2) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations as provided in subsection (a)(2) is a severity level 9, person felony.
(3) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations as provided in subsection (a)(3) is a severity level 10, person felony.
History: L. 1999, ch. 164, § 38; July 1.

so... two days before your girlfriend turns 16 she decides to have sex with you because today it is your birthday. guess what? your going to jail.... its not so cut and dry red, we live in a world of color, but reality is actually only varying shades of gray....

The ultimate goal should be to protect the children. How we do so is less important. I'm no expert on this, but if all you're gonna do is focus only on "evil" then most likely all you'll do is help perpetuate it.

a more eloquent take on this can be found here...

If sex with children is truly the product of freely made moral choices, then we should deal with it through the criminal justice system. But if it is a genetically over-determined impulse, an uncontrollable urge nestled in our DNA, then punishing pedophiles must be morally wrong. As science—and culture—increasingly medicalizes bad behavior, finding a neurological component to everything from alcoholism to youth violence, we run the parallel risks of either absolving everyone for everything, or punishing “criminals” who are no guiltier than cancer patients.
What science has revealed about the moral/medical roots of pedophiles is, of course, ambiguous. What is clear is that the binary choice laid out above is an oversimplification. The medical community, which started to view pedophilia as a disease rather than a crime in the 19th century, has amassed evidence that at least some violent and antisocial behaviors have genetic links and signposts. But researchers have been unable to isolate a biological cause for pedophilia, or even to agree on a personality profile. Not to mention the terrific confusion within the medical community in defining what this “disease” really involves. Until a few years ago, for example, the DSM-IV—the Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders—defined pedophilia as a disease only if the sufferer’s “fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.” In other words, a non-impaired, remorseless pedophile was apparently perfectly healthy.

http://pedophiliasexabuse.wordpress...ile-is-child-molesting-a-sickness-or-a-crime/

itd be nice if it were all that simple. trouble is we fall into the realm of poorly defined terms and failed social constructs. some in your party, red, feel that homosexuality is a perversion or a lifestyle instead of them being born that way. so perversion is probably an over rated term to use here since its been bandied about so much it means almost nothing.

Have you been to Wilton Manors, Florida? I am about the furthest you will find from anti-gay, but many homosexuals in a big markets like South Florida aren't doing themselves any favors when it comes to shaking that "perversion" stigma. Most of the negative sterotypes can be found on display daily. From the outside looking in it could be easily assumed this type of behavior is typical.

Have you been to Wilton Manors, Florida? I am about the furthest you will find from anti-gay, but many homosexuals in a big markets like South Florida aren't doing themselves any favors when it comes to shaking that "perversion" stigma. Most of the negative sterotypes can be found on display daily. From the outside looking in it could be easily assumed this type of behavior is typical.

yeah... hetero sexuals never engage of lewd or lascivious conduct in public, that they tend to flock to communities filled with likeminded people isn't anything new under the sun...

"In Florida alone STDs in seniors have risen 71 percent," the ad says. "While there are many ways to do it, there's only one way to do it safely."

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Seniors-Sex-And-STDs-In-Raunchy-PSA/139101.html

might be the water... i know when i get to the ocean i like to swim... and i recognize a primal urge to be doing that naked, but i usually resist. rednecks go out into the woods all the time and do the same thing around here... and hell some of them at such romantic locations as oil well lease roads... sexxy!!!... nothing more romantic than taking kitten out to the hydrogen sulphide gas fields and getting friendly... you notice it more because of a greater concentration of it... think of all the teens who've had car sex... think those cars were in a garage?... thats pretty much a national phenomenon as well, all public exposure...

Back