Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

there seems to be something going on....there's a "boat".......I just love the news media...:rolleyes:

Seems they've cornered him on a boat, possibly been hit, currently no movement on the boat. Looks like its about over assuming this is the guy they're looking for.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

It was fairly pathetic and illegal that Boston fell into near martial law. No rights of Americans should have been infringed to capture these guys. Most of the city could have gone about it's business without much hubbub. Larger member drug rings and mafia have been caught and we didn't need to lock up thousands in their home to do it.
so, these guys were throwing explosives out of their get-a-way car last night...the dead guy was wearing an IUD...and we are supposed to assume it's ethical for the cops to just let citizens walk around with the possibility of getting blown up? No one knows if they placed other bombs elsewhere..or even if there's other suspects

just asking....

Seems they've cornered him on a boat, possibly been hit, currently no movement on the boat. Looks like its about over assuming this is the guy they're looking for.

yeah, i know. they just showed us the boat via google maps or something

there's been mention of blood

Flashbangs have gone in, they're sending in a bomb disposal robot.

so far they seem to think he is still alive

ah....a women called in that she saw blood and other things in a backyard (ladder, whatever), they found using thermal imaging that there was a body in the boat........

so, these guys were throwing explosives out of their get-a-way car last night...the dead guy was wearing an IUD...and we are supposed to assume it's ethical for the cops to just let citizens walk around with the possibility of getting blown up? No one knows if they placed other bombs elsewhere..or even if there's other suspects

just asking....
The Constitution doesn't have a suspension exception for terrorists. One strong reasons is if there was then terrorist have a win. There are two options here. A demand or a request for community shutdown. The police can ask for whatever. But, if they arrest people for not following police orders that remove freedoms even temporarily from individuals there's a problem. For an easy example the police arrested people at the Republican convention that didn't heed the police requests to only protest in a particular area and particular time of day. The police have no right to enforce their will, it is freedom to assemble, afterall. (Though the Republicans argued hard that certainly we should give up our rights so they don't have to hear people voice opposition to their party.)

The reports coming out of the press, at present, don't indicate of any arrests of citizens for not staying home. As long as that's the case I'm fine with the police asking for but, not enforcing, a shut-down of the town.

The Constitution doesn't have a suspension exception for terrorists. One strong reasons is if there was then terrorist have a win. There are two options here. A demand or a request for community shutdown. The police can ask for whatever. But, if they arrest people for not following police orders that remove freedoms even temporarily from individuals there's a problem. For an easy example the police arrested people at the Republican convention that didn't heed the police requests to only protest in a particular area and particular time of day. The police have no right to enforce their will, it is freedom to assemble, afterall. (Though the Republicans argued hard that certainly we should give up our rights so they don't have to hear people voice opposition to their party.)

I didn't hear anything like that. It was more like please cooperate and 'stay indoors for your own protection'
heck, if this was happening in my neighborhood I'd be more than happy to stay home and watch the "fun" on TV and the internet

Cough, Katrina, Cough -- Here's the new boss, same as the old boss.

Don't forget my positions on that BS... Katrina aftermath was the test bed for how far they could go. They went as far as they wanted with no repercussion.

I didn't hear anything like that. It was more like please cooperate and 'stay indoors for your own protection'
heck, if this was happening in my neighborhood I'd be more than happy to stay home and watch the "fun" on TV and the internet

If you had a gun you could actually protect your home while you were at it ;)

So today I did a bit of work, I walked the dog, I did some gardening and now I'm sitting outside in the sun while my son is in his Tae Kwon Do class. Anything interesting happen today?

If you had a gun you could actually protect your home while you were at it ;)
There's definitely some delusion with the idea that guns are protection. One thing that shows why is the death of Chris Kyle. As part of the Navy Seals he was known as the most deadly sniper in USA history. I feel safe in saying he's better than anyone here with a gun. Yet, he was killed by a gun shot. A gun is only as good as the quickest draw and most accurate shot. The idea that it's a shield of protection is crazy. Another shows it more specific to this instance is they killed a police offer, who had a gun and way more training than probably any of us on this thread.

The reality of the statistics say the suicide and murder rate are much greater if there's a gun in the home. Home robbery where you're home and would use a gun are fairly rare.

So today I did a bit of work, I walked the dog, I did some gardening and now I'm sitting outside in the sun while my son is in his Tae Kwon Do class. Anything interesting happen today?
North Korea was feeling left out of the American news cycle.

North Korea was feeling left out of the American news cycle.
They're probably relieved the manhunt is over now. It was fun while it lasted but back to that other thread I guess.

Back