adz official depository for photos... now that he got "bomb" camera...

From my bedroom window:
k9howi.jpg

Quite different :)

do you all have roof parties?

looks "crowded" but still seems kinda cozy... bet itd be kinda bad if neighbors and u didn't get along...:D

looks "crowded" but still seems kinda cozy... bet itd be kinda bad if neighbors and u didn't get along...:D
Hehehe, well my dad isolated most of it very well, I never get complaints, despite my neighbour next to me (living in a corner house between my house and the house with the balcony in the picture) is a professor in classical music.
I can go along with my neighbours very well :)

Besides, as I am a city dweller, the only time I kind of felt at home in US cities was in china town in San Francisco. Other parts of US cities felt strange, no old buildings, no "structure".
On the other hand, the space in the US is something that I will always remember:

2hxn2w2.jpg

Reactions: adz
P1080073.JPG

my grandson gabriel picking cherries with his friend trinity... PIE DAY!!!

P1080075.JPG

them's that don't pluck cherries, do not get to eat pie...:D

sadly when i got to the farm... one of the guineas was drowning in the stock tank...

i fished her out pumped the water out of her lungs... but she's not doing to good... i gave her cool place in the shade and am checking on her while we cut wheat... shes prolly gonna stay in my garage tonight if she makes it...

P1080066.JPG

poor thing!!

Besides, as I am a city dweller, the only time I kind of felt at home in US cities was in china town in San Francisco. Other parts of US cities felt strange, no old buildings, no "structure".
On the other hand, the space in the US is something that I will always remember
San Francisco unfortunately lost a bunch of building in a big earthquake. Of course, compared to the age of Europe most building in the US aren't very old anyway.

some of the oldest structures in America are on the east coast. I've been in some in NY. They have low ceiling. Probably not only to keep in heat but because some people seemed a bit smaller in those days. It's quite weird ducking to enter a house.

and your reaction about the BIG OPEN SPACES is exactly what my grandparents and mother felt when they arrived.

San Francisco unfortunately lost a bunch of building in a big earthquake. Of course, compared to the age of Europe most building in the US aren't very old anyway.
Yes those victorian houses brightly painted, I love them! That makes a city a city imho. Not concrete molochs plunged out of the ground like Las Vegas or many Asian cities nowadays. Those kind of cities scare the hell out of me.
some of the oldest structures in America are on the east coast. I've been in some in NY. They have low ceiling. Probably not only to keep in heat but because some people seemed a bit smaller in those days. It's quite weird ducking to enter a house.
Somehow on the ground floor of my home, the ceiling is pretty high, 3 meters / ~9 feet. Only in very very old buildings I have to duck, like churches and castles.
and your reaction about the BIG OPEN SPACES is exactly what my grandparents and mother felt when they arrived.
One night in the US I dreamt I could watch over the entire continent. Maybe it's because I've been at some place where you could watch approximately 270 miles far.

What happened?

way back in the day, when he was a nuke engineer in the navy, he was driving back from moms house in maine to mare island... dumbass always liked to push himself (its genetic and bad) but he tried to make the drive str8 thru ... woke up in san fran with the engine to a ranger pick up on his lap... hit a concrete divider... he doesn't drive straight thru anymore and has learned a valuable lesson about stopping to nap, but it has more to do with him having kids with him nowadays... oh, and he's single ladies!!:D exact opposite of me too which should make him attractive...:lol:

GRAND-son? Oh dear! (I, ehm, expected you to be younger)
Very cute though! :D

im 46... i have four children... and two "adopted" kids... i now have 7, yes, 7 grandchildren... the coolest part is that i had kids young enuff that i'm still pretty much able to keep up with grandkids... my dad remarried and in that family i have another 5 brothers and sisters so we are actually now a sizable horde when we gather... kitchen at the farm is 24 ft by 30... lol! :D

Your kitchen's probably bigger than my house!
:D

Your kitchen's probably bigger than my house!
:D

my house is a two story with a half basement... it's 20x24... around 1200 sq ft... it's easy to clean... and paid for... all of my bills with ins and property taxes water, trash, cable, and inet... bout 600 us per month... not much really when you consider i have two lots adjacent to it (my yard is 100 x 120) and i can pretty much feed myself in the backyard all year long...i have a tool garage that holds my things quite well and someday i'll let you see the "shop" (we make things there... heh heh ... it's full of toys), a garden shed, and enuff driveway to park my camper and two of my vehicles..... bought it 15 yrs ago for 10 grand... gutted it completely and started all over from scratch... my dad owned a construction company in the 80's and he'd leave me at the job a lot. i always liked talking to people and listening too so i learned a lot. to the point i've never had to have another man fix my problems... im currently replacing my entire water system with some new stuff called PEX... seems like nice stuff and we have hard water here that copper pipes just cant take... and i prefer copper...

im 46... i have four children... and two "adopted" kids... i now have 7, yes, 7 grandchildren...
:eek: Holy canoly! But then again they can enjoy your presence for a long time, and you can see them grow up. :)
the coolest part is that i had kids young enuff that i'm still pretty much able to keep up with grandkids... my dad remarried and in that family i have another 5 brothers and sisters so we are actually now a sizable horde when we gather... kitchen at the farm is 24 ft by 30... lol! :D
And you talk about my place being crowded ;)

my house is a two story with a half basement... it's 20x24... around 1200 sq ft... it's easy to clean... and paid for... all of my bills with ins and property taxes water, trash, cable, and inet... bout 600 us per month... not much really when you consider i have two lots adjacent to it (my yard is 100 x 120) and i can pretty much feed myself in the backyard all year long...i have a tool garage that holds my things quite well and someday i'll let you see the "shop" (we make things there... heh heh ... it's full of toys), a garden shed, and enuff driveway to park my camper and two of my vehicles.....
yada yada yada.
Oh how I hate you.
(hey Wayne, didn't we used to have an "envy" smiley?)

and so you all know... the guinea lived... it was the coolest thing too because she seemed to have waited for me to check on her and when i came back the last time she looked at me with a seeming "thanks" in her eye and then ran off to be with her friends... i can barely remember having a moment so cool... and she left an egg!! which i am going to try to incubate (im personally against abortion, unless they become omellettes:D )

Back