adz official depository for photos... now that he got "bomb" camera...

P1080183.JPG

JT and the bull snake

P1080188.JPG

snakey no likey....:rolleyes:

P1080181.JPG

kids weren't too sure about the whole thing either...

P1080201.JPG

snake interrupted ends well with snake suffering only mild insult....

Liked it, but personally I would not have involved kids with it.
But that's perhaps because I'm a city dweller :D

yeah... you will hopefully notice the absence of my grandson... its a bull snake, and while their bite is not poisonous it's extremely painful... i see dead snakes on the road and i stop and say "it is good", literally... i friggin hate em... jeremy on the other hand is still living the young mans dream... nothing can harm him... whole thing coulda ended worse

Snakes are pretty common for us, even in the city as they tend to follow the creeks. I've sighted two Tiger snakes in my yard and come across them many times while out bush walking. General rule of thumb is to just stop, stand dead still and wait for the snake to disappear, never run as they can lunge at a phenomenal speed. Not such an issue when it comes to non venomous snakes, but most of the ones you come across in Australia are highly venomous.

Oooh, uber resolution to be had with that 120 roll film and a good scanner, wouldn't even attempt using the flash bulb though. If you plan to use it, be sure to check the bellows for light leaks as that will mess your photo's up pretty damn quick.

got any good ideas on tracking down all the possible pinholes? i guess i could open the back but shining the light thru it backwards isnt terribly revealing.

when you have the flash on it it looks like one of those old cameras the papparazzi/photojournalist used in the old days... it was "gifted" to me cause i like old junk and hate to see all that manufacturing energy go to waste... :D

got any good ideas on tracking down all the possible pinholes? i guess i could open the back but shining the light thru it backwards isnt terribly revealing.

In a dark room, extend the bellows shine a flashlight around the outside of the bellows whilst peering though the back of the camera, that's how I'd do it.

when you have the flash on it it looks like one of those old cameras the papparazzi/photojournalist used in the old days... it was "gifted" to me cause i like old junk and hate to see all that manufacturing energy go to waste... :D

Oh it may look good, but that's about it, if you want to use it for photography, unless you have the right film or use the right filters or go B&W, your colour balance will be off.

In a dark room, extend the bellows shine a flashlight around the outside of the bellows whilst peering though the back of the camera, that's how I'd do it.

oh... so i gotta turn the tv off and no computer for like a few ish minutes? no thank you. i dont think i care to know THAT bad... hahahhahhaha! anyway i tried that... trouble is ANY light is loss in a sense, yet when i initially inspected it, it seemed "well used" (or at least played with) so expected to see some kind of more "noticeable" light leaks, but i am just not seeing them. it was poorly stored and the lens was somewhat "foggy" but i cleaned it out just fine. the releases on the camera back are a plated copper type mix of metal and they are worn in the places you'd think they would be in the hands of an eager photographer who certainly loved this machine. the case is a nice leather affair that actually made me think it was a pair of binoculars, for surely it was made for field duty. the adjustments move with exquisite precision tho they seem a bit "unhandy", flash requires two c batteries (i cant remember owning anything that uses them even) so ive no clue if it works but the two batteries inside showed no (and i mean none) signs of corrosion (its almost creepy).

im gonna play with it a bit... you want it when im done with it? free and ill pay shipping.

Oh it may look good, but that's about it, if you want to use it for photography, unless you have the right film or use the right filters or go B&W, your colour balance will be off.

thats actually the funny part, that "quality flash" people dropped all those couple bucks to get, are nothing more than a blinker bulb from any pre 1995 vehicle... it really is neat tho, good shape, not a perfect collector piece, but a decent one, has all the paperwork too, even got the kodaguide instruction wheel... lol... im gonna try it during turkey season i think... couldn't cost more than 20 bucks to ship it...

oh... so i gotta turn the tv off and no computer for like a few ish minutes? no thank you. i dont think i care to know THAT bad... hahahhahhaha! anyway i tried that... trouble is ANY light is loss in a sense, yet when i initially inspected it, it seemed "well used" (or at least played with) so expected to see some kind of more "noticeable" light leaks, but i am just not seeing them. it was poorly stored and the lens was somewhat "foggy" but i cleaned it out just fine. the releases on the camera back are a plated copper type mix of metal and they are worn in the places you'd think they would be in the hands of an eager photographer who certainly loved this machine. the case is a nice leather affair that actually made me think it was a pair of binoculars, for surely it was made for field duty. the adjustments move with exquisite precision tho they seem a bit "unhandy", flash requires two c batteries (i cant remember owning anything that uses them even) so ive no clue if it works but the two batteries inside showed no (and i mean none) signs of corrosion (its almost creepy).

im gonna play with it a bit... you want it when im done with it? free and ill pay shipping.

Well if you can't see any light piercing through the bellows then I'd say it should be fine, 120 roll film is fun to play with given how much detail it's capable of capturing but that is highly dependent on the lens itself.

I really appreciate your offer and if I were to take it up, there's not a snow flakes chance in hell I'd let you pay for shipping ;)

Funny thing happened this last weekend. I went to the store to buy a Sony NEX-5N but instead bought a Samsung NX1000 (both mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras). Both cameras take great photos with similar sized APS-C sensors, I ended up with the Samsung as it was a bit cheaper and supposedly Samsung makes better lenses and uses a standard hot-shoe. But who knows, I may take it back and get the 5N for slightly improved low-light capabilities + image stabilized kit lens. At any rate, maybe one day I'll post some marvelous photos although so far I've been aiming the 20-50mm lens at my little girl every day. I plan to bring the camera to the UofM campus one day to snap up some artsy-fartsy style photos around here - possibly with a little baby in the frame. ;)

One disappointment with the NX1000 is the WiFi capabilities. They kinda don't work. Well, some do some don't (get "No Response From Server" which is not very descriptive of what's going on). Hoping a firmware update corrects the issue soon. Not a big deal though, the 5N doesn't even have WiFi. Still, I expect advertised features to work. :confused:

Samsung-NX1000-mirrorless-camera.jpg

a friend has been taking videos of his daughter since she was born. They are quite hysterical.

these are just a few and I hope they inspire you :D

Ok, just happened to go out to watch my sister run some kinda quarter marathon. Ended up snapping some random shots next to the muddy Red River. It was twilight so the lighting was kinda bad. I also noticed after the fact that I probably used the wrong settings, but oh well...

SAM_0215.JPG

SAM_0208.JPG

Some panoramic shots. Apparently the camera can take 3D panoramic shots but I don't know anyone with a 3D tv/monitor so I haven't bothered...
SAM_0211.JPG

SAM_0214.JPG

The still being built Museum of Human Rights.
SAM_0218.JPG

Back