adz official depository for photos... now that he got "bomb" camera...

Just sitting here enjoying a day off, listening to some cheesy 90's Eurodance and thinking that I really should try and pick the camera up again...

Playing with my new phone

Attachments

• 20130424_170731.jpg
    20130424_170731.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 9
Nice sky. How do you like the S3?
Battery life sucks. Camera seems nice enough. Video is smooth. Seems like the cover I bought blocks NFC but so far the only use I've found for it is putting my phone on people's wallets and showing them the data in their credit card. Got to find a new style passport to try it on.

Other than that ... it's a bit big. It doesn't fit my pockets and I probably can't sit on it like I could sit on my old phone. Feels a bit dodgy on the ear too, not very phone like. Overall I'm not so sure. I like the S2 form factor better but I wanted something faster - though for no particular reason. Texting has become a reasonable activity instead of the huge pain it once was but ... it's just text - still takes longer than talking.

Just back from a short holiday in Kappadokia, Turkey
25qg3ys.jpg

692nft.jpg

x6bjgx.jpg

included a flight in a hot air balloon in the early morning:
256fehj.jpg

29n9pvc.jpg

1huvpd.jpg

1079g2e.jpg

2dj3qky.jpg

339kiuf.jpg

11vtefq.jpg

And a visit to a Roman theater
1tocq0.jpg

I expected you to get something water proof, heh. Hey do you have one of those otter boxes for your phone? Those are huge and i can see it being too big for a pocket, but i can fit a naked Note II in my back pocket which surprised me. I see Telus finally offers the nexus 4 so I'm thinking to upgrade to that eventually.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I expected you to get something water proof, heh.
Yes, I'm a bit paranoid about that.
[/quote]but i can fit a naked Note II in my back pocket which surprised me. [/quote]
... and then sit down??

Oh yeah, just noticed, AMOLEDs are invisible in sunlight. Guess I'll just have to tether my tablet when I'm surfing at the beach. At least you can see LCDs in bright light.

Yes, I'm a bit paranoid about that.
You know, that means it's gonna happen for sure then! ;) Btw, I'm happy to say my phone is drool proof. Apparently babies love the taste of expensive electronics. She actually unlocked my phone the other day, but I just use the slide to unlock, no security pins or patterns for me.
... and then sit down??
Well, this was at the store and I sat down on a stool. It seemed ok. But probably wouldn't be ok in a bucket seat of a car for example. Or on the floor, which I've noticed a spend a lot more time on these days. Still, if I were to put a case on the Note 2, it probably wouldn't fit at all. And to think they're soon to release the Galaxy Mega which is even bigger!

Oh yeah, just noticed, AMOLEDs are invisible in sunlight. Guess I'll just have to tether my tablet when I'm surfing at the beach. At least you can see LCDs in bright light.
Yes, but it has great blacks. To be fair, the Transformer tablets have above average brightness and their blacks and colors won't look as good as your S3 though.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off topic.

included a flight in a hot air balloon in the early morning:
Wow, you risked your life just to get us those photos. Now that's dedication! :D Nice photos speel. I could sure use a vacation!

Because life's expensive in NY? :(
no, NY isn't any more expensive than any other place

I just don't have the time or money to go anywhere

these days I have to take care of my mom and aunt. I've taken over the job of Driver for them. They need me to get them to doctors, food shopping and where ever else they need to go.

no, NY isn't any more expensive than any other place

I just don't have the time or money to go anywhere

these days I have to take care of my mom and aunt. I've taken over the job of Driver for them. They need me to get them to doctors, food shopping and where ever else they need to go.
Wow, you really honestly got my respect. I have in my mind for a long time now that when my parents get needy, they stay at home and DO NOT have to go to a home for the elderly. Thankfully, that time hasn't come yet.

It's really something on my mind.

thanks. I've always known that there's just NO WAY I would ever let a member of my family go to some "home" for others to take care of.

yes, it's very inconvenient - I mean it's certainly curtailed my career. But my mother made sacrifices in HER career for me. So it's only fair.

there's also the fact that such 'homes' are incredibly expensive and there's no way anyone could afford it.

Back