Another mass shooting

I defended him early on due to what I know about him historically as a street cop and detective, but his actions after this incident were too much ultimately. Looks like it is time for him to go.

Broward Police Union Votes ‘No Confidence’ In Sheriff Israel; Asks Gov. Scott To Remove Him

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has faced a firestorm of criticism in the wake of the February 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida that left 17 students and teachers dead, and now he’s been officially rebuked by his own deputies. The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association announced last week they were calling for a “no-confidence” vote in Israel and today brought the results: an overwhelming 534 votes out of 628 against him.

“Deputies and sergeants cast their ballots to say ‘Sheriff, we no longer have confidence in your leadership’,” said union BSO Deputies Association President Jeff Bell, reported CBS Miami.

Broward County Officials Now Admit Nikolas Cruz Was Assigned to PROMISE School Leniency Program

“It does not appear that Cruz completed the recommended three-day assignment/placement,” Clark added, however, stating as well she did not want to “speculate” as to why.

The spokeswoman said Cruz made an appearance at Pine Ridge Education Center in Fort Lauderdale — the PROMISE alternative school facility — for his intake interview the day after the vandalism incident.

Both Runcie and the Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) said publicly that Cruz did not attend the controversial program that likely inspired the Obama administration’s plan to shrink the “school to prison pipeline.”

For the record, Pine Ridge Education Center is walking distance from my house. It is a school of last resort for violent offenders. It also happens to be walking distance from my house. I know it well because I went there myself in Kindergarten, the last year it was a normal elementary school.

This helps explain a lot of what I've been saying about public schools in Florida after Obama was elected. If a black or brown skin student does anything disruptive or violent. they know nothing will happen to them. Even if they violently attack someone causing serious physical injury, they know at worst they will be sent to Pine Ridge for a couple weeks. doesn't matter if irate parents demand charges be pressed, the police have their hands tied and will do NOTHING.

Thanks Obama, you {bleep} scumbag!!

... and they just keep on coming:
Santa Fe High School: 'Eight fatalities' reported in shooting
_101630579_6972a2b3-a0d3-403a-85aa-5862f6f32509.jpg

Up to eight people have been reported dead in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

One person is in custody after the attack at the Santa Fe High School, about 40 miles (65 km) south of Houston, according to school officials.

The school district has confirmed people were injured in an "active shooter" incident as classes began.

It is unclear if the attacker was a student. Police have not yet confirmed any fatalities.

News helicopters filmed students emptying their backpacks in front of armed officers in a field outside the school.

Local media are reporting the shooting began as the fire alarm went off. It is not clear how the alarm was activated.

Student Says School Shooter Was Picked On By Coaches, Wore Trench Coat Daily

"He's been picked on by coaches before for smelling bad and stuff like that and he doesn't really talk to very many people," the student said. "He wears a trench coat every day and it's like 90 degrees out here."

"I heard that he wore a shirt today and it said 'born to kill,' the shirt he was wearing, I don't even know how the school can allow that," the student continued.

The student once again pointed out the alleged gunman was supposedly bullied by coaches, saying, "I think it's stupid, the coaches can't talk to students like that and make fun of them. That's their fault, and strictly their fault. Not the kid's fault, but their fault, no one has talked to him or tried to be nice to him."

Last edited:
Spurned advances provoked Texas school shooting

something has to be done with all this rampant testosterone
It clearly isn't rampant. There are approximately 1 man for every woman. If this problem was rampant there would be zero women by now. It happens infrequently on a per capita basis. These things don't have to happen and the problem isn't testosterone (girls like testosterone - they generally find males that physically manifest the developmental effects of testosterone to be more attractive), the problem is suffering and when those who suffer turn to taking out their frustrations on the world instead of killing themselves like the good little losers we think they should be.
Unrequited love is painful for normal people, and some people feel it more than others. Some people are visibly not normal and are viewed as generally unattractive either because they are too short, too weak, too dorky, or they manifest odd behaviours like being socially awkward and just NOT getting normal non-verbal signals.
Some people can handle inordinate amounts of frustration and pain and stress and let it have almost no effect on them - and many of the people with that, some may think, admirable ability are actually psychopaths. On the other hand, some people are particularly sensitive and suffer much more than we would imagine from slights we might shrug off. If you aren't paying attention to the signs, or if, worse, you are amused by the signs, you can be badly surprised when the little dog bites.
Most of the shootings of late are by people who, I believe, are living in emotional pain for one reason or another. Sure, many people are resilient and can handle a lot, but some people do not have the capacity to ignore or overcome their pain or get locked in OCD ruminations or other obsessions. We do not care about the sufferings of those people and when (if) they decide to take revenge on the world to see how "they" like it - we still don't care about them - but we also learn nothing - and why should we. These things are few and far between and they probably won't happen to us and the people we love.

Blood spilled from another US high school shooting has yet to dry – and video games are already being blamed
Pundits quick to erect straw man
gun_shutterstock.jpg

In his segment on Fox News covering the shooting, anchor Jon Scott was chatting to a fellow pundit about the case and came out with this zinger.

"Just the fact that so many kids are awash in video games, they spend so much time in front of television screens with some of these very violent and realistic video games, that has to be something that gets looked at, but how do you police that kind of thing?"

His on-air colleague agreed, opining that when he took his mom out for a meal on Mother's Day, and was shocked to see kids playing "violent" games on handhelds in the restaurant. He said that parents need to take responsibility, presumably in stopping tykes playing violent computer games, and that we "can't expect the police nor the government to continuously monitor what's going on."

Fingering video games as the cause of such mass shootings is a common excuse but seldom one trotted out this early. Kentucky governor Matt Bevin at least waited a day or so before blaming a horrific school shooting in Florida that left 17 people dead on computer games.

All this despite very little evidence that video games have any effect on mass shootings, despite plenty of people looking for a connection.

Vegas shooter railed against federal government, gun control

“Somebody has to wake up the American public and get them to arm themselves,” the man said Paddock told him less than a month before the Oct. 1 shooting that killed 58 people and injured hundreds. “Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.”
an
...account from the man who said he met with Paddock outside a Las Vegas sporting goods store after posting an online ad to sell schematics to convert semi-automatic guns to fire automatically.

The man said Paddock became upset and launched into a tirade about gun control when the man rejected an offer of $500 apiece to modify semi-automatic guns to fire automatically.

Back