Joe Rogan Butthurt Cream

Spotify podcast fans will notice that a new content warning will air before any podcast episode dealing with Covid-19, CEO Daniel Ek announced on Sunday.

The news comes just after Neil Young pulled his catalog from the service to protest Joe Rogan’s podcast which has been criticized for spreading false information. In solidarity with Young, Joni Mitchell said she would also request that her music be removed.

In his post, Ek talked about knowing Spotify’s responsibility to strike a balance between supporting its content creators and protecting the safety of listeners, without playing censor.

“Based on feedback over the past few weeks, it has become clear to me that we have an obligation to do more to provide balance and access to widely accepted information from the medical and scientific communities that guide us through this time without previous,” he wrote.

Have you ever listened to Joe Rogan? He has EVERYONE on his show, not just one point of view. He's not preaching anything and does not pretend to be an expert on anything outside of maybe MMA.

Not pointing fingers at you in particular, but it seems everyone so up in arms about him have never watched / listened to his show. He's pretty milquetoast actually. As for his coof coverage, he has people of all persuasions on. I'm sure he'd have Fauci himself on if he'd come. I'd bet money the offer has been put out there. People are suddenly acting like Joe Rogan is the cartoon version of Alex Jones when it comes to the coof for some reason. It just does not fit reality.

Those who know they are right don't block those they think are wrong. They trust that the rightness of their words will win. Those who know they are wrong work to prevent people from hearing differing ideas. Galileo's crime had nothing to do with being right or wrong. It was that he disagreed with the church's official line.

Those who know they are wrong work to prevent people from hearing differing ideas.
So the takeaway from this is that Neil Young knows he is wrong? I suppose it's possible but it strikes me as unlikely. On the contrary, I get the impression NY is convinced he is right.
Galileo's crime had nothing to do with being right or wrong. It was that he disagreed with the church's official line.
I'm not sure who Galileo is supposed to be in this analogy but if it's either Rogan or Young it seems a bit of a reach.

Have you ever listened to Joe Rogan?
I have. I'm certainly not an avid listener but occasionally stick his show on in the background while doing stuff around the house. The last couple I listened to did grate because I felt he was being deliberately disingenuous just to be contrary. That could be my mistake but it was how my ears interpreted it and left me unlikely to listen again any time soon. Doesn't mean I agree with Neil Young though. His stuff is still on YouTube for instance and it's rife with Covid-19 misinformation. And I certainly haven't taken any of my or my band's music off of Spotify.

Joe Rogan Responds to Spotify ‘Content Advisories,’ Vows to Balance Opposing Viewpoints

“Many of the things that we thought of as ‘misinformation’ just a short while ago are now accepted as fact,” Joe Rogan said on a Sunday message posted on Facebook.

This is very true, such as the lab leak hypothesis and jabs don't stop the spread.

The podcast has been accused of spreading ‘dangerous misinformation,’ specifically about two episodes — a little bit about some other ones — but specifically about two. One with Dr. Peter McCullough and one with Dr. Robert Malone.

Dr. Peter McCullough is a cardiologist, and he is the most published physician in his field in history. Dr. Robert Malone owns nine patents on the creation of mRNA vaccine technology, and is at least partially responsible for the creation of the technology that led to mRNA vaccines.

Both these people are very highly credentialed, very intelligent, very accomplished people, and they have an opinion that is different from the mainstream narrative. I wanted to hear what their opinion is. I had them on, and because of that — those episodes in particular — those episodes were labeled as being ‘dangerous,’ they had “dangerous misinformation” in them.

These are the voices some people are desperate to silence.

That's true up to a point but when you have monopolies controlling publication it tips into a form of market-driven censorship. While not as insidious as government censorship, it's still far from ideal. The irony is that's more an issue with our form of capitalism than censorship. Try getting the main people who are screaming "censorship" here to concede that and you'll be waiting a long time.

I have not fact checked this, but I'd bet it is true.

273116111_421728666365434_2592449975890697193_n.jpg

I have no idea who she is but that video doesn't show her saying any such thing. She says having a disclaimer is a positive step but they want all tech companies to do more to combat harmful disinformation. A hollow bromide that could have come from any number of government ministers, in any number of countries.
There might be some more damning quotes in the link but I couldn't read it because of a "Tired of the Left?" pop up blocking the entire article.
And WTF does "censored even harder" mean?
What's "even harder" than "not at all"?
Beyond even Breitbart levels of sensationalist bollox.:lol:

I have not fact checked this, but I'd bet it is true.

View attachment 2253
Hang on, are you seriously implying Neil Young is only doing this because big pharma told him to?
Neil fücking Young?
This is Q anon style, paranoid, join-the-faint-dots nonsense.
Next there'll be some meme about how his name is an anagram of Pfizer in Serbo-Croat, proving he does big pharma's bidding like a good little boy.

Hang on, are you seriously implying Neil Young is only doing this because big pharma told him to?
Neil fücking Young?

Are you really still starry-eyed about Jurassic rockers?

Aging Hippie Rockers Neil Young And Joni Mitchell’s Past Controversies Resurface Amid Spotify Feud

At the height of the AIDS frenzy, during an interview with Melodie Baker in 1985, Young made this offensive comment, “You go to a supermarket and you see a f—-t behind the f—in’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”

---

During an interview with LA Weekly, she remarked that, “I don’t have the soul of a white woman. I write like a black poet. I frequently write from a black perspective.”

Some of Joni Mitchell’s best friends are no doubt black as well.

Are you really still starry-eyed about Jurassic rockers?
So, Neil Young, who I've already said can be a bit of an arsehole, made a homophobic comment decades ago and this somehow proves he's currently controlled by Pfizer?
Even for you, this is gloriously absurd.
When I joked about his name being an anagram of Pfizer in Serbo-Croat, I wasn't expecting you to come away with "evidence" that is even more outlandish but you managed it, well done.
Even most anons wouldn't join those two dots.
:lol:

Back