McCain's VP choice

the_leander said:
This is a woman who supported Pat Buchanon back in the day, to give you some idea.

No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter.

A 1999 AP article, described her as "sporting a Buchanan button" at a Buchanan visit to Wasilla in 1996 when she was mayor.

Palin responded to the story in a letter to the editor, saying that "the article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla. As mayor, I will welcome all the candidates in Wasilla."

Palin was the Alaska campaign coordinator for Steve Forbes’ campaign in the 1996 primary.

the_leander said:
This is a woman who supported Pat Buchanon back in the day, to give you some idea.

No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter.

A 1999 AP article, described her as "sporting a Buchanan button" at a Buchanan visit to Wasilla in 1996 when she was mayor.

Palin responded to the story in a letter to the editor, saying that "the article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla. As mayor, I will welcome all the candidates in Wasilla."

Palin was the Alaska campaign coordinator for Steve Forbes’ campaign in the 1996 primary.

metalman said:

Buchanon is under the impression that Palin did a fund raiser for him in 96...

Nothing to me sounds more like supporting someone like supplying cash for their cause.

metalman said:

Nothing to me sounds more like supporting someone like supplying cash for their cause.

metalman said:

metalman said:

metalman said:

metalman said:

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Bay Buchanan, Pat's sister and campaign manager said her only contact with Palin's was at fundraiser for Alaska Republican Jerry Ward.

Federal campaign records show that Palin never any sent money to Buchanan

Buchanan supports Obama in this election

Buchanan on MSNBC said:
I think Barack is right, we ought to talk to the Iranians, he's right to oppose the war and, frankly, he's right to say the Palestinian people have got a terrible deal over there and their suffering ought to be recognized. That's Obama's position. It's my position. I don't think it is a Nazi position.

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Bay Buchanan, Pat's sister and campaign manager said her only contact with Palin's was at fundraiser for Alaska Republican Jerry Ward.

Buchanan on MSNBC said:
I think Barack is right, we ought to talk to the Iranians, he's right to oppose the war and, frankly, he's right to say the Palestinian people have got a terrible deal over there and their suffering ought to be recognized. That's Obama's position. It's my position. I don't think it is a Nazi position.

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

the_leander said:
metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

Fair enough. I stand corrected. :D

I still say she is a whole lot more scary a prospect as a potential president in waiting (lets face it, with mcains health and age, can you honestly see him going the distance?).

I didn't think the Republican party could come up with a more scary lot then the CARB team... I have to say, I was wrong on this too. I am actually seriously concerned about what this woman would do should the republicans stay on the thrown.

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

It isn't a nazi position. Just a shame a lot of the other shit that's been put out is.

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

I still say she is a whole lot more scary a prospect as a potential president in waiting (lets face it, with mcains health and age, can you honestly see him going the distance?).

I didn't think the Republican party could come up with a more scary lot then the CARB team... I have to say, I was wrong on this too. I am actually seriously concerned about what this woman would do should the republicans stay on the thrown.

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

It isn't a nazi position. Just a shame a lot of the other shit that's been put out is.

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

metalman said:
the_leander said:
metalman said:

metalman said:

Buchanan on MSNBC said:

Back