McCain's VP choice

Just thought of another way Palin perfectly fits into the modern GOP.

When she started as Mayor of Wasilla the town had around 5000 residents and no debt. Six years later they had a $22 million debt or about $4000 per person.

It is plain to see that Palin is a "fiscal conservative" in the Republican sense of the phrase.

When she started as Mayor of Wasilla the town had around 5000 residents and no debt. Six years later they had a $22 million debt or about $4000 per person.

It is plain to see that Palin is a "fiscal conservative" in the Republican sense of the phrase.

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:
I find US elections drawn out and tedious so I don't pay much attention. In particular the speeches are always horribly cringeworthy.

But this Palin woman is a good speaker - she looked chilled up there. Obama did well picking her over Hillary. The republicans should fear.

Errrr, Palin is McCain's pick, not Obama's :python:

Oops :roll: Well done McCain then. A quick look at the headlines and the posts here shows she's ruffled quite a few Dem feathers. She's got them on the run by the looks of it. Not a bad thing.

You are kidding surely, have you read some of her policies and beliefs?

This is a woman who supported Pat Buchanon back in the day, to give you some idea.

This woman is seriously scary, and I mean that in the litteral sense of the word, she is the embodiment of fundie thinking. That alone should be enough to make you concerned.

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:
I find US elections drawn out and tedious so I don't pay much attention. In particular the speeches are always horribly cringeworthy.

But this Palin woman is a good speaker - she looked chilled up there. Obama did well picking her over Hillary. The republicans should fear.

Oops :roll: Well done McCain then. A quick look at the headlines and the posts here shows she's ruffled quite a few Dem feathers. She's got them on the run by the looks of it. Not a bad thing.

This is a woman who supported Pat Buchanon back in the day, to give you some idea.

This woman is seriously scary, and I mean that in the litteral sense of the word, she is the embodiment of fundie thinking. That alone should be enough to make you concerned.

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:

smithy said:
redrumloa said:
smithy said:

the_leander said:

No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter.

A 1999 AP article, described her as "sporting a Buchanan button" at a Buchanan visit to Wasilla in 1996 when she was mayor.

Palin responded to the story in a letter to the editor, saying that "the article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla. As mayor, I will welcome all the candidates in Wasilla."

Palin was the Alaska campaign coordinator for Steve Forbes’ campaign in the 1996 primary.

the_leander said:

A 1999 AP article, described her as "sporting a Buchanan button" at a Buchanan visit to Wasilla in 1996 when she was mayor.

Palin responded to the story in a letter to the editor, saying that "the article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla. As mayor, I will welcome all the candidates in Wasilla."

Palin was the Alaska campaign coordinator for Steve Forbes’ campaign in the 1996 primary.

the_leander said:

the_leander said:

Back