Suddenly vaccine skepticism has gone mainstream.

During the fourth wave of the pandemic, death rates in the most pro-Drumpf counties were about four times what they were in the most pro-Biden counties. When the highly transmissible omicron variant began to spread in the U.S. in late 2021, these differences narrowed substantially. However, death rates in the most pro-Drumpf counties were still about 180% of what they were in the most pro-Biden counties throughout late 2021 and early 2022.

Reminder: Same people who believed this nonsense are the same ones who now want lockdowns and mandates to last forever.

91825188_2828617867191734_1074994193513840640_n.jpg

Reminder: Same people who believed this nonsense are the same ones who now want lockdowns and mandates to last forever.

View attachment 2363
WHat are you babbling about?

where I live we have such a high vaccine rate among adults that we no longer have most of these 'mandates".
Sure, people with health issues and older people should continue to be careful, but we are mostly just living our lives.
about two weeks ago I took the bus/subway for the first time in a few years. Did I wear a mask during the entire trip? You bet. Was it a big deal? absolutely not.

Are there places in the US I will not visit because the vaccine rate is too low? yup.
I'm not risking my family and friends to other people's nonsense.

ANyway, for the smart people all of this is a non-issue. Places like Africa and India and slowly getting more vaccines. I've already posted links to those vaccines (like the one that was developed by those researchers in Texas where they aren't getting a patent because they want poor countries to get a vaccine ASAP). It will take time, but there are more important things to worry about

Are you on your 4th dose? Just curious, not a set up question.
no. At the moment I don't need it. I have a healthy immune system. I don't have diabetes or any of the other health issues that make people more at risk if they get an infection.

I continue to be careful because I still sometimes see older adults who have some health issues. I will still wear a mask around strangers, I will still limit my time around groups of people and so on. But as of right now, I'm doing fine.

as I already mentioned where I live most adults have been vaccinated. I continue to keep informed about the mutations and what scientists are discovering about this virus, so as things develop I may get a shot later.

The reason I took my trip in the subway 2 weeks ago (to travel into Manhattan) was to become part of a vaccine study. There are researchers trying to create a vaccine against RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus). Two weeks ago I went to their office and either got the vaccine or a placebo. My main reason for doing this is because I'm getting paid. Plus, I believe in research. But this pandemic has messed up my ability to earn, so I have to get back into it.

Anyway, they don't want me taking any other vaccines for a certain time so I'm not rushing to get another covid booster.

Look at the dates on those articles headlines.
2020 we didn't have vaccines

any lockdowns and mandates are NOT lasting forever because many are already over with
also, the US never had a real lockdown.

The Nature report was prompted in part by Sweden’s harrowing death toll. It recently exceeded 18,000 (and the pandemic is not over) while its neighbour Norway recorded but 2,339 deaths. That’s a death rate of more than four times Norway’s and nearly twice Canada’s. Japan, which took airborne transmission seriously, reported 200 deaths per million compared with Sweden’s 1,730.

I expected better of Sweden. This is actually shocking

To their surprise, they found that immune cells themselves, not just epithelial cells lining the lung, can harbor the virus.

When the body detects the virus in these cells, inflammasomes, part of the immune system’s early warning system, produce and release cytokines that prompt these immune cells to commit suicide in an attempt to abort infection.

However, the cytokines also recruit even more inflammatory cells to the lungs from the blood, which drives a vicious cycle that leads to pneumonia.

A new drug could be a godsend for patients hospitalized with COVID, and help save the most critical cases.

A recent doubleblind study that ended last week showed that sabizabulin, a new oral medication from pharmaceutical company Veru, Inc., has the potential to cut the virus’ mortality rate in half for moderate and severe cases. It was so successful, in fact, that researchers stopped the trial early.

“What that implies is that it’s unethical to continue treating people with placebo,” Mitchell Steiner, chairman, president and CEO of Veru, told Fortune.

While the study was originally meant to involve around 210 patients hospitalized with COVID, an early analysis of the first 150 patients showed such overwhelming success that the study’s independent data monitoring committee recommended halting it. The group of people who took the placebo pill had a 45% mortality rate, while the sabizabulin-treated group had a mortality rate of just 20%.

Back