Suddenly vaccine skepticism has gone mainstream.

RE: The pandemic has been deadlier in red states

In the post-vaccine era, red states have seen much higher excess deaths than blue states.

Since red states tend to be whiter this means that the virus is racist against white people (to use CRT logic) however, red states are demographically older too which means more deaths due to the demographic lethality of the virus.

Any other information on the infants - were there any correlations between breast feeding for e.g.
Not that I'm aware of but it's only one study so, whilst interesting, I wouldn't place too much weight on the findings just yet.

Been a while since this type of idiotic nonsense was floated on here and I'd actually forgotten it was a thing.

FVooDqRWYAE5eJn

My back of the envelope (in early 2020) calculation for the US was about 2.2 million deaths based on the original variant infecting everyone in pretty short order - based on the US population pyramid and the known lethality by age. Four times higher? Doubt it.
Of course you could be right but I'd need to properly compare your back of the envelope calculation with the reported study to be sure. I haven't looked into the methodology or the data in this study, just thought the findings were interesting.

... certain politicians are very much against data.
The championing of ignorance and distrust of science, a curious phenomenon that appears to have become worse over the last decade or so.

According to Texas Department of State Health Services and the major publicly accessible disease trackers from Johns Hopkins University, the University of Washington-Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (UW-IHME), and The New York Times, the number of deaths from COVID-19 in my state of Texas has reached 90,000, as of September 1, 2022 [14]. These numbers place Texas just behind California (by only 3,000–4,000) as the US state with the most COVID deaths, but with a Texas population estimated at 29 million compared to 40 million people living in California the proportion of Texas deaths is far higher. Other comparisons—the nation of Canada with 36 million people suffered an estimated 43,000 deaths, while Australia with 25 million experienced 12,000 deaths. It is also worth noting that Texas, Canada, and Australia also share economies of roughly the same size, with a gross domestic product between $1–2 trillion.

Back