Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

are you actually siding with right wing wackadoodles ???

I really don't understand this point of view.

more often than not Violent people in this country are right-wing. and often religious

KKK
those White supremacist Nazi kids
the Waco nut
Tim McVeigh
the nut in AZ that shot the congresswoman (and others)
and so on

No, the liberal media just feeds that it is only right wingers. You forget about the:
Bill Ayers
Ted Kaczynski
John Allen Muhammad & Lee Boyd Malvo
The Gifford shooter was NOT a right wing nut. Jared Lee Loughner was registered independent but people who knew him said he was quite left wing.
Wayne Williams
Jim Jones

Ted Kaczynski may have used terms like "Leftism" but as he hates science and even society I can't see him as liberal. he's anti-social and weird

100% of terror attacks are conducted by extremists, and extremists come in all shapes and sizes and ideologies.

Anyway, they arrested someone in the ricin case. Hope it's linked to the Boston bombings.

John Allen Muhammad - wasn't he part of "the Nation of Islam" ?? is that liberal?

"After his arrest, authorities also claimed that Muhammad admitted that he admired and modeled himself after Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, and approved of the September 11 attacks."

I guess liberals are fans of bin Laden

Jared Lee Loughner - he was mostly a conspiracy nut, thought all government was untrustworthy and hated Gabrielle Giffords because she was female.

Jared Lee Loughner - he was mostly a conspiracy nut, thought all government was untrustworthy and hated Gabrielle Giffords because she was female.

My point is, a nut is a nut. Violence comes in all political shades.

My point is, a nut is a nut. Violence comes in all political shades.
and a few others on your list are really impossible to identify honestly in any political ideology. I'm guessing Loughner registered independent mostly because he hated the whole political thing. He may have seemed "liberal" before he became mentally ill but we don't know if his illness changed his views, twisted them or didn't affects them.

Crowd sourcing

Would seem these 2 are persons of interest

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/embed#47

Note how the black backpack appears to have a heavy round object inside ... like a pressure cooker on its side

First of all, you're assuming the Boston bombs are a foreign attack.
Not really, but how foreign does foreign need to be. What if we have some "rebels" here. They may be US but they get money and encouragement from somewhere else. Generally if it was an inside job they would have found the culprits by now and they would already be pointing at the target.

Meanwhile someone's sending ricin letters (tainted letters - number one way to fail to kill a politician since anthrax). Since tainted letters aren't likely to reach their targets they can be safely used to scare or elicit sympathy.

And also meanwhile, someone cuts some fiber in California which cripples the local 911 and then shoots some electrical substation. That's an attack of increasing sophistication, but is it related and was it just a probe?

It's that last class of attacks that have the most potential to cause trouble. Take out the electricity in a few large areas for long enough (and taking out substations is a great way to do that because replacement transformers of that size are thin on the ground and lead times are long). Taking a few pot shots at a refinery or two would cause real pain because there are already too few refineries. $10 gas, anyone?

I don't really think it would be "jihadis" as such but if there is organization or "cross-pollination" between such attacks it can only grow worse as economic conditions deteriorate and more people feel excluded from the American dream. If you have no stake in society, if you have nothing to gain from staying in the system, then the system isn't worth protecting.

If there is a sustained uptick in this sort of fighting (and it could be supported from abroad but the US has so many enemies it's really hard to say who's most likely to be behind a thing like this or that it would only be one group), then you could see a piling on and in places already rife with inter-group tension you could see all out balkanization. This is what the start of all the elite's fears looks like.

Whoever is responsible, the result is likely to be the same - crack down and for our own goods.

Also, I don't think it's impossible to feel compassion for both the victims in Boston and the victims in Baghdad.
It's not, but when you see it over and over and over again it's just not so impactful.
I know it's been a while since we discussed the events in Baghdad but years ago we had lots to say about it - unfortunately it's just become routine there and there's really nothing new to say.
For me it's become routine to see these images and I just can't fool myself into thinking I'm seeing something new just because it's in a different place.

The fact is something has to be done because the drone strikes alone are not enough to put an end to them - although it seems it has kept them from greater effectiveness.
I scatter garlic around my house to keep the elephants away. People tell me there are no elephants for miles and miles, and this pleases me because I know it is working.

It's a very ugly situation, but if I had to pick I'd rather the kids in Northern Pakistan die.
I'd make it one for one - at least that way it would be fair - and it would probably stop sooner.

If you walk into a village and find one terrorist there's likely to be a lot more.
Are they really terrorists in that village? Are they wandering about the village being terroristic to their fellow villagers? Is that it? If there was no outside force blasting away at their families would they be taking the time to go elsewhere and be terroristic? I suppose if someone were funding them (like our soldiers get funded to go be terroristic in other people's homes) but it's a matter of context really. If they aren't here terrorizing us (or somewhere else doing likewise) they don't count. If there's money moving in there to run the logistics of moving operatives out into the world and paying their way while they do their stuff ...
Pakistan has made some attempts to crack down but they never seem to finish the job.
Ah, well there you are. Pakistan is one of those who pays the money - they like to keep a few fanatics in their pocket to use in places like Afghanistan.

One of the things I thought when I saw the footage of the bomb was that it doesn't look like any of the fancy recipes that the Al Qaeda bomb masters cook up. No high explosives here - lots of smoke and fire. Looked to me like a really big black powder pipe bomb kind of thing. Wonder if they will be putting tighter controls on black powder and stump remover and such.

thank god they were conducting bomb squad training at the marathon, imagine what would've happened if all those first responders weren't already there...

I have no doubt that the people of Waziristan are predominantly Pashtun and sympathetic to the Taliban.

An therefore "devoted to murdering others around the world"?

This sounds like hyperbole of Jim proportions.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I've never been there so I don't know for sure.
However, I doubt very much you have either and your claim smells like seriously exaggerated shite to me.

One of the things I thought when I saw the footage of the bomb was that it doesn't look like any of the fancy recipes that the Al Qaeda bomb masters cook up. No high explosives here - lots of smoke and fire. Looked to me like a really big black powder pipe bomb kind of thing. Wonder if they will be putting tighter controls on black powder and stump remover and such.

say goodbye to pressure cookers...

al-Qaeda's Inspire magazine September 2010 issue, pressure cooker bomb-making

article title is "How to Build a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom."

The magazine also quotes Noam Chomsky

In an advice column called "What to Expect in Jihad – Part One, " "Mukhtar" urges would-be jihadis to pack light when on the road, warns them not to become frustrated by language barriers, and notes that having a companion eases travel. "Having a friend makes a difference,"

Today, more than a few people have pointed out that the 2010 “Inspire” article included instructions for building a homemade explosive out of a pressure cooker – exactly the sort of device that appears to have been used at Monday’s Boston Marathon bombings. More than 24 hours later, with no indication yet that authorities know who committed the attack, some are understandably wondering if this apparent connection might suggest al-Qaeda’s hand.
But there are some good reasons to hold off on drawing any conclusions from the fact that “Inspire” wrote about pressure cooker bombs.
Recall that the magazine was published in English, available for free online and widely covered in Western media. The issue was downloaded over 5,000 times on the jihadist forum Taawhed, more popular than any other issue since then, suggesting that a number of the downloaders were merely following their curiosity. The issue showed up on Western download sites more commonly used to distribute pirated music and movies, where it was passed around as a novelty item. It appears, in other words, to have flown to the far corners of the Web, where just about anyone could have picked it up and read all about pressure-cooker bombs.
And “Inspire” was far from the first extremist publication to distribute instructions for making pressure-cooker bombs. Yair Rosenberg of Tablet Magazine points out on Twitterthat “The Anarchist’s Cookbook,” published in 1971, also included information on how to make them. The book appears to have provided the necessary instructions for at least one such bombing, in 1976 at Grand Central Station. In 1973, police had discovered a similar device in the New York Port Authority building.
Today, there appears to be a miniature subculture of Americans building small pressure-cooker bombs for the exclusive purpose of detonating them harmlessly in empty fields andposting video of the explosion to YouTube.
None of this is to dismiss the possibility that al-Qaeda or any other group could ultimately be connected to the Boston Marathon bombings. But it’s worth keeping in mind that the June 2010 issue of al-Qaeda’s “Inspire” was not exactly publishing privileged information when it discussed the horrific potential of gluing nails to the inside of a pressure cooker and placing it in a populated area.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ted-to-readers-of-al-qaedas-inspire-magazine/
here's where i learned to do the nasty... the american version of "inspire"... get your copy before you can't anymore...
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/june2007/imhv3.pdf

more often than not Violent people in this country are right-wing. and often religious

tumblr_mlczr9asFY1s3gbjoo1_500_thumb.jpg

Bill Ayers girlfriend Diana Oughton died building a pressure cooker bomb

This sounds like hyperbole of Jim proportions.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I've never been there so I don't know for sure.

Who's this guy hyperbole you keep speaking of? If he some sort of Boogeyman that spooks you ar night?

tumblr_mlczr9asFY1s3gbjoo1_500_thumb.jpg

Bill Ayers girlfriend Diana Oughton died building a pressure cooker bomb

left, right, middle or fringe... pretty much moot... revolutionaries are killing for your cause, and terrorists are killing for theirs too... jackboots are jackboots... they all chafe your neck...

Back