Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

Is that so? Americans use drones, piloted from thousands of miles away to guide their instruments of death. Al-qaeda does the exact same thing but instead of drones they use people to place the bombs in place and detonate them. They're not piloting a sophisticated air craft or pressing a button to fire remotely, but are they not pointing to a map and a calender and setting a plan in motion?

i would say that it is harder to steer a man to his own destruction than to get a drone pilot to put 8 hrs a day in killing from afar with no risk to self, al Qaedas task is actually harder than the american governments....

No - my real cunning ploy to try to look like the "Good Guy" is saying that if we really don't want to hurt innocent people, and we have such grand ideals and awesome capabilities, innocent people shouldn't be getting hurt. But they are. In droves - therefore when we say we don't want to hurt innocent people it's bullshit. We are quite willing to kill and maim a lot of innocent people to get what we want. We just don't care as much as we say we do.
That sounds horrible, and it would be if it were totally true.

According to unnamed counterterrorism officials, in 2009 or 2010 CIA drones began employing smaller missiles in airstrikes in Pakistan in order to reduce civilian casualties. The new missiles, called the Small Smart Weapon or Scorpion, are reportedly about the size of a violin case (21 inches long) and weigh 16 kg. The missiles are used in combination with new technology intended to increase accuracy and expand surveillance, including the use of small, unarmed surveillance drones to exactly pinpoint the location of targets. These "micro-UAVs" (unmanned aerial vehicles) can be roughly the size of a pizza platter and meant to monitor potential targets at close range, for hours or days at a time. One former U.S. official who worked with micro-UAVs said that they can be almost impossible to detect at night. "It can be outside your window and you won't hear a whisper," the official said.[102] The drone operators also have changed to trying to target insurgents in vehicles rather than residences to reduce the chances of civilian casualties.

Drone attacks in Pakistan

That page states that the total number of people killed in Pakistan by drones is around 3300. Less than 200 of that are children. A high number I must admit, but that's around 6%. What do you think the percentage of children killed by al-Qaeda is? That's a figure that would be hard to come by as they've killed so many, but probably way more than that because they don't appear to take any precautions at all (if Boston was an al-Qaeda hit than they scored a 33% there). So killing al-Qaeda in Pakistan is likely to lead to fewer children killed world wide from al-Qaeda and the US drone strikes combined.

Anwar al-Awlaki wasn't killed in a heavily populated appartment block. He was killed in a car full of fellow al-Qaeda dudes.

the FBI JUST had a news conference where they showed pictures of two suspects

guys that dropped the bags

I would show you the pics but the FBI.gov is currently not available

I saw the news and saw the pics. Hard to say race or nationality from the pictures. They could be young white guys, could be Hispanic (not likely), could be light skin middle eastern. Definitely not black men.

guy on fox said we should be grateful to obama for all the cameras on the streets... :D

got woke up to a car chase, an officer down, armed robbery and now what looks like the heavy set feller they was looking for from boston on the ground... people gone plum crazy...

news from Samuel Adams:
"The Boston Brewery is closed to the public until further notice. Tours are cancelled. Please be safe."

(from their facebook page)

suspect identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass

they seem to have located the second guy......coper in the air and loads of police gathering.........links when I find them
What? No drones? No missiles?

there seem to be about 2 people in custody who were in the house the suspects were in.....not sure of details yet
Custody? Why didn't they just drop a hellfire through the roof. You don't need to waste your time catching them and trying them 'cause they're terrorists - you can just kill them!

I saw the news and saw the pics. Hard to say race or nationality from the pictures. They could be young white guys, could be Hispanic (not likely), could be light skin middle eastern. Definitely not black men.

Brothers, Russian, Chechnya

facebook page for brother who wore white cap,
Djohar Tsarnaev http://vk.com/id160300242

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the black cap, is a student at UMass-Dartmouth.
he's now dead

Boston suspect's web page venerates Islam, Chechen independence

Custody? Why didn't they just drop a hellfire through the roof. You don't need to waste your time catching them and trying them 'cause they're terrorists - you can just kill them!
Being unreasonable doesn't make you more convincing. You seem desperate.

got woke up to a car chase, an officer down, armed robbery and now what looks like the heavy set feller they was looking for from boston on the ground... people gone plum crazy...
This is the first comment I read this morning, and for a second, I thought you were talking about your own personal experiences! I was like, wtf?!? :eek: :D

This is the first comment I read this morning, and for a second, I thought you were talking about your own personal experiences! I was like, wtf?!? :eek: :D

nah... i leave the tv on when i sleep...i can barely hear out of my left ear so it tends to be somewhat loud as it is, when they were playing the gunfire audio and it was followed by sirens is about when i had to look... in between the shots fired dogs were barking on the tv and that set my herd to going... they all do this woeful howling/baying when they hear sirens...

Back