nCoV2019 Pandimec!

How concerned are you?

• No worse than a typical flu season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pet Dog in Hong Kong Tests Positive for Coronavirus

A Hong Kong coronavirus patient has revealed her pet dog has a “low level” of the virus, local health authorities confirmed early Friday.

The dog tested “weak positive” for the coronavirus, the city’s agricultural and fisheries department said in a statement, without giving further details.

Update: South Korea reports 813 more coronavirus cases in 24-hours, cases total now 3,150, reports 4 more deaths to 17 total

Authorities also reported the country's first case of reinfection -- a 73-year-old woman who tested positive for a second time after her recovery and release from hospital last week.

The national total is expected to rise further with a screening of more than 260,000 people associated with the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a cult that is directly linked to around half of the country's cases.

ESOFBUtXYAA30xb

BREAKING: Italy closing all schools and universities across the country due to coronavirus

BREAKING: Germany's health minister says coronavirus "has become a global pandemic""
Germany bans export of medical protection gear due to coronavirus

Update: South Korea reports 293 new cases of coronavirus, raising country's total to more than 5,600

BREAKING: Germany's health minister says coronavirus "has become a global pandemic""
Germany bans export of medical protection gear due to coronavirus

First world problem alert:
I'm supposed to be off to Germany in a fortnight* to watch a football match. Hope it doesn't get to the stage of cancelling major sporting events across Germany or I'll be a wee bit out of pocket.

*Trying to get as much EU travel in as I can before I need a visa. ;)

Germany: 262 cases, 0 deaths

To rate your risk of travel to Germany:
How much travel between Germany and China, Iran, Italy? Those are the 3 countries that most cases are being spread from.
The temperature matters, the virus is most active between 55 and 75 deg F ( 12 to 24 deg C )
The nCoV-2019 attaches to ACE2 receptors of lung epithelial cells, Asians have 2x the genetic receptors compared to Northern & Western Europeans
Condition of your lungs? Do you smoke? Air quality where you live? ( china has very high levels of air pollution ), asthma, copd? Damaged lungs most easily infected
Drinking alcohol? alcohol inhibits ACE2 receptors
Open or enclosed spaces? sunlight UV kills viruses
Wearing anything that reduces the number of times you rub your nose or eyes?
80-85% of people only get a mild case and just spread it to others, only 15% of infected need medical attention, in a 1st World country probably only of 1 to 2% infected will die, 3rd World 5 to 7.5% will die

In 2 weeks, estimate Germany will have about 750 identified cases, 7 deaths

So how would you rate your risk now?

Tracker: Coronavirus Wuhan nCoV-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE

Virus Danger - ACE2 page

Last edited:
First world problem alert:
I'm supposed to be off to Germany in a fortnight* to watch a football match. Hope it doesn't get to the stage of cancelling major sporting events across Germany or I'll be a wee bit out of pocket.

*Trying to get as much EU travel in as I can before I need a visa. ;)

BREAKING: Italian government orders all sporting events to take place without fans until April 3 due to coronavirus

Back